PS2 can't read DVD ROM

Hey guys, it’s me, Voetsjoeba. Having some problems with my other account.

I seem to be born for bad luck. Last week my HD’s boot sector was damaged, and now my PS2 can’t read DVD ROM’s anymore. Some friend of my brother dropped it, but since we were playing SSX at that time (which is a CD for PS2, not a DVD ROM), we didn’t notice any problems.

Lately, I started noticing. First of all, my brother bought two games for the PS2: GT3 and SSX 3. We wanted to play them, but guess what: cold shower. It didn’t recognize either of the two discs (both DVD ROM). I’ve also played the Getaway before, which is also a DVD ROM, and it worked back then. Now, it doesn’t anymore.

So I figured that drop must’ve damaged something inside the PS2 which makes it unable to read DVD ROM’s. I’m thinking about the lens. The PS2 can’t read the DVD ROM’s, but it can still read CDs. CDs are more rough qua structure than DVD ROM’s. Or maybe it has damaged a DVD decoder inside, I don’t know.

If anyone can give advice, it would be really appreciated. Can this problem be fixed at all ? Any case I can use warranty ?

*It’s about just a year old.