Rollover w/tell target still not working

First - TY for the quick response!

AND - sorry if i shouldn’t have posted this twice … but first i put it as a reply … but wasn’t sure if it should be a reply or new topic… just learning the message board ettiquite… anyway…

…renaming the movie clip did not seem to work…

Here is what I did:

I made the movie clip and the buttons. On the first scene there are two layers. One has the movie clip and one has the buttons. This appears to be what you did and what you explained in the tutorial.

You did not name your movie clip “rollover”… it is “movie_actions” and the actions that you said to include on the button are:

on (rollOver) {
tellTarget ("/rollover") {
gotoAndPlay (“1text”);
}
}
on (rollOut) {
tellTarget ("/rollover") {
gotoAndPlay (“1back”);
}
}

that is what I did … and why I thought that the problem must be with my movie clip (also this is the first one that I have made). HARUMPH STILL

When I test my movie, on the rollover it says:
Target not found: Target="/rollover" Base="_level0"

and on the rollout it says:
Target not found: Target="/rollover" Base="_level0"

Sorry for the wordy post… I am VERY new at this and should probably not be trying this already … anyway … if you can help I really really really do appreciate it…

THANX
Aamilne

send me the .fla and I will fix it in like 30 seconds:

<a href=mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]</a>

TY … i got it to work … i realized that i had not named the movie … just as kirupa said … but i didn’t know what that meant … reason why you should not jump to advanced tutorials …

… BUT … now I know …

This is a great message board (even if I should have searched a little more before i posted)

Thank you all
aamilne

Forgetting to name instances is 90% of my errors. that or forgetting a ‘;’

:wink: