Shape tweening in Flash MX. Help please:)

[COLOR=blue]In Flash MX I get an error stating that Shape tweening will not occur on layers containing symbols or grouped objects. [/COLOR]

I was using flash 5 before and I am new to MX. I create a keyframe on the first frame, draw a square (no outline), then select another frame(like 25) and insert keyframe, and delete the circle, then draw a square. I then select all the frames, and in the properties inspector i choose shape tween. I get a yellow exclamation mark and the error “Shape tweening will not occur on layers containing symbols or grouped objects” when I click on the exclamation mark.

I feel silly, because I have done alot of flash, nothing fancy like you all here at the forum, but I can normally do basic stuff. I really like this and spend hours a day teaching my self. I would love to one day be at the level that this forum is at some day.

Could someone help me figure this out, so i can move on lol:) Thank you…

first off that should work fine - are you sure there is NOTHING else on that layer with the animation? This could be your problem… if you still cant fix it post your fla and Ill look at it

Peace

the exclamation mark appears in the property inspector untill i complete the tween. I guess i just need to get used to the MX environment. It’s cool but diff then F5.

thank you,
:slight_smile:

I used shape tweens in my footer but if you happen to be trying to tween an symbol or grounped objects then use motion tween instead!

:slight_smile:

Please don’t post stuff lke this here, it’s HTML/ Javascript!

Actually he posted this thread before kirupa changed the Forum name from Help to HTML/Javascript so he is in no wrong at all!

I posted that in the help section, then later could not find my post.
that explains it, but I did not mean to offend anyone. I’m new to this forum and i am just getting acclamated, so please forgive me.
Thank you,
toad
p.s. I’m a she, not a he lol:)

No pb, toadie, take a walk on the wild side and then he was a she…
Hadn’t realised the title change was so recent, so let’s just blame it on Kirupa then for not having moved your post, lol…

what’s a toadclipper btw?..

Hiya Joe,
A Toadclipper was the easiest nick to find when i was getting a hotmail account. I tried everything, then after a long time I tried something totally off the wall, like Toeclipper, and can you believe it, someone had that nick, so then I tried Toadclipper, and “bling Ka Ching” no one owned it. You can see why, its hideous, but it grew on me and now I use it for everything, lol:)

btw, You can call me Lara :slight_smile:

Lara…same as a cousin of mine…whatcha think of “toadlara” or “laraclipper” ? kiddin’ :wink:

You’d better buy the domain name before someone nasty takes it, everybody would want to have a site called www.toadclipper.com !!

lol

Wow, I ran a search on www.google.com for toadclipper and the only result it returned was a link to this exact forum…HAHA!

but its mine, cause who would want it, any way I’m creative I’d figure out another one. lol