Site Critique please

www.neurongaming.com

Someone critique my site…feel free to insult it …I just designed the layout today…thx

It’s not bad, no need to insult it. The shell is good and wil get better as some of the back pages i saw were pretty nice too. A good start.

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

thanks

Actually there were some back pages that I liked just as well as the opening page. I like the look you have with the greys and blacks. But since most of your buttons are 404’s still as they need to be made it is hard to tell. But I like the format, the colors, the scheme and the feel I have when I am there. The only thing actually I didn’t particularly care for, (and this is just me, was the buttons with the blue thing on top. But thats just me) So it is good. I hope I didn’t sound disparaging before. Wasn’t trying to be. :stuck_out_tongue: Like I said, good start!

pj

Thanks,

the middle section (main section) of the page is kind of messed up I think…any suggestions on how I should lay that out?

Tell me how you fel about these suggestions; First of all place the two columns that are there now into tables so that they are both the same height at the top. I would suggest losing those buttons at the top of the columns in the center, or headers or whatever they are. I see what you were aiming for but it doesn’t look right. The blue tops I mean. And the font you use on the page I would reconsider. It looks like typewrite font, kind of dull and lacking luster. Try Geneva or Tahoma or even Times New Roman, but that font doesn’t look right either. Are you able to make anything in flash? Cause I know what your trying to do with the buttons and it would be simple to do in flash…What are you using to make the page? What program? Do these things help? Lemme know. My site was done in HTML as well, Dw4, take a look, for the table formatting we are using is similar.

[user.mc.net/~dschultz/](http://user.mc.net/~dschultz/)

Do you see how i am able to control the table somewhat and make them line up?
pj
:wink:

Yeah those are some good suggestions

I use Dreamweaver 4, and yeah I can use Flash and Fireworks and stuff…

Then I would suggest inside Dw4 to make you side menus in flash the same size, must be exact and fit them into a table. With some nice mouseover effects, simple. When doing this you’ll lose also the rounded boxes on the sides which don’t come through very clearly. For the center columns, make a table with two columns and place each into each respective column, designating them in the Box command to be defaulted to the TOP. Same thing with the sides. Hope this helps, any Q’s lemme know. I’ll soon have some for you Im sure.

pj

You posted this Site Critique three times in three different places! You know there’s a Site Check forum, just keep it there and no where else. You’re flooding the forum and taxing the site mods.