.swf to .fla converter?

hi mr.kirupa,\r\ri would like to know wether is there any software or utility available that can convert a .swf file of flash to .fla format (i.e. reverse to its code) ???\r\rif there please let me know …\r\rrajesh khoyani

Hello Rajesh,\rNo, there is no SWF to Fla converter. The SWF file is highly compressed with all extraneous information such as layers, actions, etc. removed to help reduce file size. Macromedia made sure that people won’t be able to reverse engineer the SWF file and edit its contents.

but you can do this say my movie title was “Spen Is Awesome” and i was going to save it as “spen” where you put the name you can just put spen.swf (if you want the movie in swf form) or spen.fla (if you wan the movie in fla form).

Actually there is a converter but as you said since it removed most info its limited…I will post a link when I find the CD I have it on.

Although there’s no way to convert a compiled .swf file back to it’s .fla form, you can view the scripting and symbols etc used in the movie by utilising a piece of software called AcitionScript Viewer. This can be found at www.buraks.com/asv/ \r\rBasically you load in a .swf file and it will show the all the scripts, whereabouts they’re located in the movie (in a frame, on a button, movie object, etc.). Although you still won’t be able to export this to an .fla file, it’s the closest thing you’ll get.

There are programs that will extract thing out of a Swf (actions, sounds, symbols etc). You can then redo the Fla with having to start from scratch.\r\rSWF Scanner\rwww.livetronix.com/produc…/index.php\r\rSwf Browser\r[url=“http://www.swifftools.com/stools/”]www.swifftools.com/stools/\r\rNote: These are not freeware. The cost is about $20 US. But well worth the cost.

hfdfhdfhdfhhdfhdfhdfh

HTML Comments are not allowed

Seems like all the trolls are out.\r\rPlease… if you have an opinion, share it. If you’re going to be rude, please leave, we have no use for you. You will be banned for childish, incomprehensible posts.

I want a Troll. Did you see the one in Lord of the Rings? Awesome, I want one as a pet. And you better not have any cute comments hinting that I might be a Troll myself. I want one! \r\rpj\rWho will not fear letting his troll loose on those that spam…Or Phalsely accuse others of being a troll. Or spammer. Or anything I don’t like, hell that troll will rule the world, with me of course as his master.\r

hi mr.kirupa,\r\ri would like to know wether is there any software or utility available that can convert a .swf file of flash to .fla format (i.e. reverse to its code) ???\r\rif there please let me know …\r\rrajesh khoyani

Hello Rajesh,\rNo, there is no SWF to Fla converter. The SWF file is highly compressed with all extraneous information such as layers, actions, etc. removed to help reduce file size. Macromedia made sure that people won’t be able to reverse engineer the SWF file and edit its contents. \r\rI hope that helped. If you have any further questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reply back.\r\rRegards,\rKirupa Chinnathambi\r[email protected]

Sothink SWF Decompiler MX 2005
–Tool to convert swf to fla

Imperator fla also,
and ASV does it kind of… if you know how.

Funny to read stuff from 2001…

yeah give the ppl more decompilers so they can rip all our swfs :wink:

What wrong with an open source comunnity i mean look at www.sourceforge.net

Hi there,
this site http://www.swf2fla.biz/ can convert swf to fla. Check it out!

Triluong.

These thing can be used for good also. I used it to recover a lost .fla.

Yeah but I’d rather keep my .flas and keep the decompilers out of hands of rippers :smirk: