The Official kirupaForum Finals/Midterms Rant Thread

Well, finals are actually going smoother as I thought. As of now, i’ve downed four exams, getting ready to take my fifth, and will probably wing the last one. But…

[r]I really hate my Multivariable calc teacher for being so **** boring. As a result, I didn’t learn anything in class, skipped, and developed a certain disguist for the subject. 12 hours before the test, I had to teach myself everything from the semester.

I also hate physics because my professor is such a grade Nazi. The average on all of his tests are 50-60%. I’m really looking forward to seeing this final exam, which also so happens to be at 7:45 AM on Thursday!!! Which will mean i’ll have to get up especially early to take an exam i don’t want to take, knowing i’m not gonna pass the class anyway. Yargh![/r]

That felt kinda good :slight_smile:

How’s your week going guys?

Well since I haven’t had exams for a few years, I’ll join in with some past experiences…

hmm

[r]It sucks when your pencil runs out of lead[/r]

I feel much better :pleased:

or worse, when your calculator runs out of battery :-\

You’re allowed to use calculators? :x We did calc by hand (well it wasnt “Multivariable” calc - so that could be why)

I have finals for the next 3 days as well, my first one starts in like 18 minutes :frowning: Good news is that High School is easy :beam:

I haven’t studied yet though for the 2 classes that I actually need to, heres my plan. Tonight I review 500 years of European History and dead guys whose names sound like a type of pasta, and such. Then I go and shoot for a C- on the final, which will let me keep my B in the class, which figures to a A- GPA because its an AP Class.

Tomorrow I read Huckleberry Finn, A Raisin in the Sun, The Crucible, The Scarlet Letter, and Catcher in the Rye for the test over all of them the next day, as well as reviewing 500 years of Literary History…(:() Then hop in the shower and go to school.

Friday, take 2 more exams including ^^ AP Lit & Comp 2.

My week is going to be fun

Well at least Christmas is coming YAY!

I hated A Raisin in the Sun - at least the first chapter. I refused to read it any further. Huck fin was a decent read though. I actually somewhat enjoyed that one when reading it in high school.

A raisin in the sun is giong to be easy though because it’s a play and i think a movie as well (which in a worst case scenario i can rent :))

Huck Finn bugs me though because Twain wrote in a southern accent…

We were allowed to use calculators as well… :slight_smile: I hated Physics, and worse I could not understand a word that my teacher spoke. I think he was speaking english… So I ended up skipping a lot, and got to the final exam and realized I did not have a clue. I think I drew a smiley face on the first page, and then for the following questions some other pieces of artwork. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: I was done in ten minutes.

Cheers!
-Niann

*Originally posted by thoriphes *
**Well, finals are actually going smoother as I thought. As of now, i’ve downed four exams, getting ready to take my fifth, and will probably wing the last one. But…

[r]I really hate my Multivariable calc teacher for being so **** boring. As a result, I didn’t learn anything in class, skipped, and developed a certain disguist for the subject. 12 hours before the test, I had to teach myself everything from the semester.

I also hate physics because my professor is such a grade Nazi. The average on all of his tests are 50-60%. I’m really looking forward to seeing this final exam, which also so happens to be at 7:45 AM on Thursday!!! Which will mean i’ll have to get up especially early to take an exam i don’t want to take, knowing i’m not gonna pass the class anyway. Yargh![/r]

That felt kinda good :slight_smile:

How’s your week going guys? **

So it’s the teacher’s fault he has to teach an extremely boring class… Or, is it your fault for not getting enough sleep so you could actually pay attention in that class? :wink:

Well… Physics is very strict… WHy not make the grading the same way? :slight_smile:

Just teasing ya…

good teachers can teach boring classes well. The teacher really makes up about 80% of the education in a class like that. Content is a measley 20%. Sure the content is what you’re learning but if you don’t have that 80% to make you want to learn it, you won’t.

Well one final down :slight_smile:

6 to go… :frowning:

Here’s a rant:
Finals bring stupid kids to the library. This kid just turned off my compute because he didn’t know which tower was his. Now I can’t log in with my name and so I snatched a pass written on the card catalog computers lol…