The perfect size

This question’s been asked before, but the man asking didn’t really get his question answered properly.

What is the exact pixel width and length for a website viewed in Internet Explorer? I know, the problem here is that this varies based on large icons or small icons, not to mention Internet Explorer or Netscape. Just give me one of them. It’s good enough.

I think Phil knows the answer to this question, based on his website.

Another good answer would be to tell me a way to get a Flash animation to conform to the window available’s size with JUST the main project instead of showing the “offscreen movie”, but I’d rather have the pixel numbers as I’d rather work with HTML that features Flash in it instead of just one Flash animation.

In my website you are referring to, it is 550 x 335. A mistake. Should have been 550 x 400. You probably know how I got rid of the border; I placed this code in my HTML in the body tags;
<BODY topmargin=“0” leftmargin=“0” marginwidth=“0” marginheight=“0”>

The problem with my site is when viewed through a 19" monitor, the bottom 65 missing pixels are obviously a problem as the movie is cut off from the bottom. Although I didn’t get the answer I sought, I think the answer is this, although I haven’t published one yet to make sure; 550x400 with a borderless HTML script in the body tags, and my guess is this will give the best production through the many browsers and variables we all wish were not there.

Does this help any?

pj

Yes. Quite a bit.

Thanks.

it also depends upon some things. If one had no raster images in their flash file… ie, everything is vector based, then the size is completely arbetrary… as long as it sticks pretty close to a 6/8 ratio height, to width. You can make it fit in any size you want by scaling it.
Once you get into raster… you really don’t want your viewer to see the pictures too large… they will become pixilated and look like junk.

I’m still really exploring what works best for me… I think it really varies based upon the creator, the viewer, and the size of the area you’re looking to fill in a frame or a cell, or whatever.