UPUAUT8, can u please help me with this

hey man how r ya?

Hey i was just wondering if you could help me with the 2advanced buttons. Go to www.2advanced.com

and go to the main page. See how when you roll over one of the buttons like “profile” it has that fade in and out effect… Do u think you could explain to me how to do it? But is it just a movie button? I have an idea on how to do it but im not sure…

Thanks HEAPS hey…
Jakatta…

I answered you already. It’s a movie clip in the over frame of your button. Or maybe you don’t know how to do it ?
pom 0]

sorry, but i have to…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Let me join you. HEHEHEHEHEHE.

pom 0]

its just funny that he asked the same exact question before and you gave the same exact answer. And thats how you do it, but appearently he didn’t believe you…lol I dunno, i just thought it was funny. You didn’t give the answer he wanted so he was trying to get Upu’s attention.

LIL and CHUBBA,

Guys thanks for helping me but LIL, im really new to flash hey. This is going to sound like im stupid but i kinda need step by step instructions on how to do it. I have a pretty good idea on what you mean, but im unsure how to complete the rest…

So you guys can laugh all you want hey, but im really interested in flash and im trying hard to learn it…

jakatta…

I think Pom made a tutorial for this…

<a href = “http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/slidingmenu.asp”>http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/slidingmenu.asp</a>

You’ll have to put 2 and 2 together to realise that you should change the “release” to “roll over” and instead of scrolling the whole list just scroll a little bar underneath the buttons, but that’s the general idea behind it.

I wasn’t laughing at you because you don’t understand. I was laugning because you started a whole new thread for something that was already answered. Thats good that you are really interested, and I’m sure you’ll learn fast. Everyone had to start somewhere. I’ll do a step by step in a little while.

LA I don’t think thats what he’s talking about. I think he’s just trying to get the buttons that flash when you roll over them.

Make a graphic. Select the graphic and press F8. Select Button. (I’m pretty sure you know how to do this much) Now, right click on the button and select edit. You will see 4 frames. In the frame marked OVER is where you put the movie clip. The movie clip is the graphic that you want to play when the Mouse is over the button.

Ah ok,

I see what you mean… But where im confused at is… Do i make the movie clip seperate? And then put it in? And when i go to the OVER button. How do i put the movie clip in?

Ta…
Jakatta…

OK try this. Make your button, then go to the Over state, and select the graphic. press F8. There. In the over state, you have a Movie Clip. Now, right click on the movie clip and edit that to your hearts content.

ok this is what i have done so far…

When the user rolls OVER the button the MC fades in, now how do i make it so when the user rolls OFF the MC fades out?

ta…

Jakatta

you have to use actionscript. Check out the tellTarget tutorial on this site.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/telltarget.asp

start with this. it will show you what to do. because if you want it to do that, then I origianlly told you the wrong way to do it. Sorry. I wasn’t sure what you wanted. That tutorial will help, and after you do that, do this one:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/moretelltarget.asp

the second one is exactly what you want I think. Usually if there is an effect you want, check the tutorials section first. If you need more help after you complete the tutorials, then post away.

thanks heaps mate,
i’ll have a look at those tutorials…

:slight_smile:

Jakatta

Hey Jakatta… just for the record. I’ve made it clear in the past, but I’ll reitterate for you… (not that I’m mad or anything), but I make it a policy now, to not even look at posts which say, “Upuaut help me”, or anything similar. Likewise I won’t look at posts addressed to other people either. Almost ALL other posts I look at, and I am especially likely to hit a post with a very discriptive subject line, before others…

so if you really want to get me to help, place a message to me in your first post, but not in the subject line, you’re much more likely to get a reply from me.

Glad my friends here were able to help you a little though, even if you did have to put up with some sneers and jeers.