Hey Stoochy, I’d like to help but I don’t even understand what the problem is nor specifically what you want to do.
Is the problem that you have 86 frames and do not know how to fit it into the preloader? Is the problem that you want it to run all the way to the end before proceeding into the movie?
Also if this is a project that will be run off of the HD or CD then it isn’t an issue but on the other hand you won’t need a preloader either. If it will be run off the internet I should tell you that putting in a heavy aftereffect file BEFORE the movie is loaded is not a good idea. Why? Because the preloader is there to make sure the movie loads immediately and flows smoothly.
If you have a large file, it may take seconds to load and after that it may still be choppy. Just a thought.
well for one that can be made in flash alone with about 10 frames and 1 mask. No need for AE here. Also you gotta be careful or you may end up needing a preloader for your preloader. Your preloader image should be very very small. I think the big issue is you are picking the wrong tool for this preloader.
If you insist on going this route. You should embed that animation in a movie clip then place that on frame one with your preloader. It will loop until it goes to frame 2 on the main timeline.