Version 2

I’ve been playing around with how I want the new version of my site to look after I came to the realization that the gumball machine was not “professional” enough for my web design business. I’ve spent about an hour and a half in photoshop making this layout, and it’s not quite completed yet. I think I am going to go with this one though, because I feel that it is one of my better photoshop works (I’m still a photoshop n00b). I am then going to import it into flash and make the site out of flash. What do you think? Also, I am still doing to add another thing in the blank are for my secondary navigation, but my brain has run out of computing power for the night. Up until about 15 minutes ago, it was orange instead of red, which looked pretty good, but I just spontaneously changed it to red. What color scheme do you think would go well with the background, red? orange? icy blue? yellow? lime green? I had a bit of trouble with that, but suggestions are welcome.

http://www.barbdwyer.com/wip/hightech.jpg

btw, this is not watermarked, so plz don’t take advantage :wink: lol

looks ok, but you might fall into the trap of gizmo fancy features, lack of content area.

the gizmo look is cool, sometimes, but like you said you want a more professional look on your website, in my honest opinion this wouldnt be the best way to go.

With that in mind, You really dont have to listen to me if you intend to stick with this layout :stuck_out_tongue: but if you do then i like the icy blue or orange colour scheme.

with the “3d” beveled shapes your outline would be better to use a darker shade of grey or sample a colour from the beveled shape and pick something darker than that for the outline.

Still pretty early with the design so thats all i will comment on

:slight_smile:

thanks for the input, i tried some of the things you said, and here’s what I came up with
www.barbdwyer.com/wip/hightechorange.jpg

it looks the same? what did you change just the colour?

Did you try making the strokes more sliver(lightGrey) to compliment those embossed grey shapes?

oh, i misunderstood you lol, i thought you meant making the outside shape thing darker, but i’ll try with the strokes now lol

yeah, i changed the color

it looks very vector i suggest you do this design in Flash or a vector appt sinc your not using any special effects on it it would look great you just need to know how to manipulate the gradients and you will create some awesome looking stuff

wow, that would be tough… i may give that a try a little later… but I think I’m going to keep it raster for now