Video Editing questions

I feel like here is as good a place as any to ask about video editing.

First, I noticed that flash came with a flash video encoder. Does it have tools / etc for editing video?

if not, I’m interested in the best PC or linux recomendation for learning a suite. I have experiance in adobe premiere. Aside from just cutting and sequencing video, I am interested in an application that would allow the integration of “special effects”.

I don’t really know what special effects you can get into, but i’m interested in trying to use code / other means to add things in videos

you can import litle part of a video, but you cant edit a imported video on flash like the posibility of “cut” on premiere.
and honestly, i really dont know if there is a video edition tool for linux. i never heard of this kind of app for that os.

look into adobe premiere and adobe after effects.

Premeiere is your non-linear editor and After Effects will give you he ability to add special effects in post production, like explosions etc.

Flash is not a video editor. The encoder built in flash is used for creating flv videos for use on the internet and easy downloads.

Thanks for clearing that up about flash. So premiere / after effects is the best combo?

(I only mentioned linux because of the open source software possibility)

Any reccomendations on a cost-effective version of both premiere and after effects that I can get some bang for the buck out of?

Thanks for clearing that up about flash. So premiere / after effects is the best combo?

(I only mentioned linux because of the open source software possibility)

Any reccomendations on a cost-effective version of both premiere and after effects that I can get some bang for the buck out of?

i recommend you to work with premiere and after effects on mac or windows
i was looking for video edition on linux and i couldnt find anything

I use Premiere and After Effects all the time, they truely are great programs. As for special effects in AE, you often have to buy explosions and such, but there are thousands of things you can do without them. Go to http://forums.creativecow.net/index.html for tons of After effects and Adobe tutorials on how to make and do cool stuff. And http://www.videocopilot.net has some awesome effects and tutorials if you are willing to purchase them.
For prices, If you are a student you can probably get them a LOT cheaper at www.Academicsuperstore.com all you need is proof of your current education. But if not then check out ebay, although i can’t assure you you will find a cheap one.
Hope this helps :smiley: