What technologies do you use?

I think most Kirupians work with front end technologies but I’m curious about the makeup of languages used. I’ve created a poll of languages below but I’d love to hear more about your specific stack, frameworks, languages I missed, etc.

• JavaScript
  • TypeScript
  • Ruby
  • PHP
  • Elixir
  • Rust
  • Go
  • C#
  • C++
  • Swift
  • Java
  • Kotlin

0 voters

1 Like

JavaScript is ubiquitous, should have that one just enabled by default.

I mostly work with Elixir. Using the Phoenix framework and Phoenix LiveView you can get full front-end reactivity without ever writing a line of JavaScript. If needed you can write Phoenix Hooks which will either push or listen for external JavaScript events. This is pretty much the world I’m living in at the moment.

JavaScript pretty much exclusively these days for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Its pretty interesting that most don’t use typescript.
I’m waiting out until JS does type comments…

As a lazy coder who only makes small things for fun, Typescript seems like a complete waste of time that people do to make their stuff seem more professional. With it making no impact on just in time compiling and no runtime error checking its just annoying. I wish something like JSDoc comments would become a standard as I like the idea of declaring types for and explaining function parameters but declaring types for variables in functions seems pointless. All the other stuff it has is not JS so cant be bothered learning/using any of it as I only want to know JS because I have serious memory problems and a hard time absorbing other peoples systems (why I gave up on all other languages ( I did delphi/lazarus for years and never got all the component stuff and I know the basics of lots of other languages but not their systems)).