What's the most random thing you've learned recently?

Your name looks funny :smiley:

Yup, me too!!
But from now on, everyone knows about this.

Time travel is a possibility.

Today, I read an article on Facebook that demonstrated how time travel isn’t just a fantasy, but could become a reality very soon.

It is possible to travel a million years into the future using Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity. It emphasised the significance of various factors, each of which contributes to this outcome.

Einstein proposed two theories as to when this might be possible.

One, if you take a spaceship and travel away from the earth at the speed of light, the earth may have aged much faster than you.

The second proposal was that if you hung out at the edge of a black hole, time would pass much faster.

1 Like

Stumbled upon this entirely randomly!

This is such a great idea. I am surprised it took so long for someone to come up with this. Next - a re-creation of Mars surface conditions on earth! (It probably already exists within Nasa or SpaceX actually) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Humans, as an animal species, are bioluminescent! :bulb:

2 Likes

Hundreds of thousands of people go missing every year, according to FBI data. In 2020, more than 540,000 people went missing, including more than 340,000 juveniles, according to the data.

It’s very alarming.

That’s disturbing, although not surprising. I haven’t looked at the data yet but I would imagine there are a good number of people who are estranged from families, living on the street, etc, that just fall through the cracks. It’s very sad.

I recently found out that Biosphere 2 is a thing and it’s wild (Steven Bannon even showed up at one point). I discovered this from the Nice Try podcast which I can’t recommend highly enough.

1 Like

Totally not tasteless!

1 Like

Mariah Carey makes millions of dollars (~$4m) a year from one Christmas song alone: All I Want For Christmas is You.

2 Likes
1 Like

This is a superpower I wish I had! :superhero:

1 Like

But can she remember their names? “I recognize you! … uh, friend.”

2 Likes

I wish I had that ability with names. Whenever I meet someone new, I invariably forget their name within 10 seconds.

Sometimes I wish I had the type of talent that people pay millions for.

2 Likes

:partying_face:

1 Like

I got a device that requires a USB 3 Micro-B connector… :face_vomiting: If you’ve never seen that design, you’re in for a treat!