What's up people

I just wanted to ask you all falsh mx experts: what is the best book on learning flash mx out there. I need something that would explain basic concepts and go into a more intermediate stage. Thanks in advance. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

I don’t think that any of us have seen any books yet on the subject. At least we haven’t seen enough to tell what is the best of the bunch.

I’m waiting for a new version of “the definitive action script guide”, by Colin Mooke to come out. At least for Flash 5.0 that was the best of the bunch.

i have found a book for flash mx i think it is called the complete guide u can find it on macomedia.com i think well i found it sumwhere kirupa will prob offer it on his amazon thing soon though

I’m sure he will. I check most of mine out at the book store rather than taking chances these days. For that matter, most of the Flash 5.0 stuff still applies very heavy in Flash MX. The principals are the same, and even less things have been depreciated as there were from Flash 4.0 to 5.0. That’s when they did the big cross over from slash to dot syntax. A lot changed then.

I’d consider, if I were just starting out, to stick with Kirupa.com. Read all the posts you can. We have some good ones. Do the tutorials. If you’re past all that, then you’re probebly ready for things like the book I mentioned above, or “Flash Developer’s guide” which is a great 5.0 book.

As MX produces more books I’ll probebly have an opinion on particulars… right now though I just can’t speculate.

I just ordered the friends of ed book by Sham Bangal about everything new in MX; I love how the guy writtes and thinks, will take as long as 2 weeks to get to France, so I can’t tell you if it’s any good before then…