Which religion do you believe in?

Is there an other vorm of Christianity that isn’t Protestant or Catholic?

Yeh like baptist, church of the latter day saints, mormans, jehovah’s witness, etc.

Im catholic and I respect Jesus and all but learning about it and actually having to study for exams in school is a pain. When you have math, science or computers to worry about, its annoying. The only good thing about it is that you can bludge 90% of the periods and pretty much watch movies just like today :beam:

Theres also another one i remember, somthing called “rafarastism” or something like that along the lines of Bob Marley. Another one within the Indian world is another relgion where they believe in only a number of gods.

proud jew…anyone else here jewish?

You left out another one: Charasmatic Christianity :thumb:

wow, still no satanist?

The more and more I learned and went to church, the more and more I questioned my religion: Christianity (Roman Catholic).

I wanted a solidified truth to religion. In church I’d often wondered if religion was necessary for anything. Then I realized that people live by it; it is a code they follow, an example of how to be, the foundation for morality, it helps shape a person’s life. After that, I further questioned, now that my life has been somewhat shaped, and my morals are set, what do I really need it for anymore? You go to church every Sunday hearing the same rotation of Biblical passages every time for what? Reminder? The first time I skipped Mass, I felt really guilty. I felt I missed something, let the big guy down. Then it happened again, and again, and the guilt sort of faded away with the ease setting set to -100 (I’ve been using Flash all day, shut up). After a while, I would think nothing of it anymore.

I feel that the terms “atheism” and “indifference” are synonymous with each other. I’d often wonder (in church, no less) what it would be like to not have to worry about any obligations or any predefined set of moral values. In other words, what would it be like to make your own way through life. I think that no matter what, your life would be influenced by religion one way or another. Someone with ethical values, influenced by religion, can very easily tell you what you’re doing right or wrong. Now unless you’re a complete rebel and wholly self-centered, you’d most likely follow.

I’d also wonder why civilizations through time would worship some ethereal being or beings which seem to be only fabrications of their minds. It’s one step closer to insanity, in my opinion. And what of the older, dead religions? Would these gods just disappear (if they were (omni)present in the first place)? Can you trash a belief just like that? What makes it not possible to do the same with the current ones?

I think all the religions boil down to one thing: what happens at death. Some go to heaven, some go to hell, some experience nirvana, some become injected back in the lifestream as a fish or something, etc. Since no one can tell you what really happens at death, no one really knows, so these possibilities still remain valid, and I think that’s the main reason why religions are still around.

I do believe in souls, though. The belief that our bodies are merely physical vessels for something potentially infinite.

I dunno…I don’t really have a solid stance. I didn’t choose anything in the poll.

Just wanted to pitch my 2 pennies in the leave a penny, take a penny tray.

i’m a muslim :slight_smile:

Muslim here

Someone should vote satanist!

I know there are more But me anglie art neit su gut. Therefor I didn’t know what they all where called.

We didn;t Trash them. There still there because there is allot about literature and that literature is held save. And we still strive to those beliefs think about the movie “troy”? Ofcorse it’s a tad bit commerial but I can remmeber the stories of oddisius that I read in books. oe oe and remember the Disney TV serries and the movie. (cartoon) That was great. But later I really read up on it and read some of the latin pieces(translated into english)

I think all the religions boil down to one thing: what happens at death. Some go to heaven, some go to hell, some experience nirvana, some become injected back in the lifestream as a fish or something, etc. Since no one can tell you what really happens at death, no one really knows, so these possibilities still remain valid, and I think that’s the main reason why religions are still around.

The main thing for me was that I couldn’t explain where we came from and Not really where I was going. I mean “Why are we here?” The meaning of life. ect. ect. “I think there for I am” I though so hard that my brain nearly exploded. There for It is the eastest way to acsept that there is a huge enteny that made us all. But offcorse this goes against my Phisics Education which I am doing right now. So… “I don’t know anny more” I guess I could filosofy over this problem for hours. Because I believe it from the big bang. That Anti matter turned into matter. Because this would explain the workings of “the anti-matter bom.” But what happend before the big bang. is the universe ever expanding. Are we alone? But I deverse. Main thing… Who sparked that bing bang… It must of been “God?”

I do believe in souls, though. The belief that our bodies are merely physical vessels for something potentially infinite.

I dunno…I don’t really have a solid stance. I didn’t choose anything in the poll.

Just wanted to pitch my 2 pennies in the leave a penny, take a penny tray.

Thank you.

I think it’s Rastafarian.

And that’s closer to me.

Hinduism, Is a way of life. Athaism is that to. I put “rejected” in there for the people that never though about religion as something they need.

catholic here too

Buddhists are sort of like that. Buddhism can be considered a religion, but it doesn’t say anything about God, because in Buddhist teachings God is irrelevent. Individual people can have whatever beliefs they want about a higher power, but it doesn’t impact their lives at all whether or not there exists one. Same with Confucianism I think (going on a book about Confucious I read 10 years ago here). But overlap is still good. :stuck_out_tongue:

[size=1][EDIT] Do we really have Scientologists here? I’ve been trying in vain to figure out what exactly Scientology means, and all I’ve found is a bunch of stuff about Tom Cruise. :([/size]

May not exactly be on topic, but there’s this really cool church sign generator site I found.

Athiest

I think we should gather all the religious leaders together and have them fight it out and see who wins, but athiests should get weapons because they don’t have any god on their side. It’s equal right? The leader should have god watching and helping him.

That’s cold

but fun :stuck_out_tongue: and all in good taste

cool =)

I feel that the terms “atheism” and “indifference” are synonymous with each other.
definately not.
I would say I’m atheist, and still i love my life, have high moral values (i.e.: I’m vegetarian).

Not every atheist is like Nietzsche.
some “protest-artheists” might give a F*** on those values, but that doesn’t mean they have anything to do with religiousity.

The mountain-dwelling Nepals Order of Chronic Masturbators.

It’s like Catholicism, except with more hedonism.

you’re a masturbator in religion?