ZD//V3...beta testing...take a peek... ;]

This little bad boy is what has been keeping me from posting the last few weeks…

anyways, take a peek…and tell me what u think…:

** CHECK BACK TOMMOROW - FOR URL - FINAL CRIT/BUG TEST - IF U DON’T MIND **

it is still in beta testing…
2 do:

finish sfx…
add site text [ i just have to convert it to html - bummer :frowning: ]…
a few asthetics’…
music…

but you will get the general feel of it…

Cheerio,
Ben…

EDITED URL

oh ya…if it gets a bit sticky…it’s my server is super slow at the mo’

ZH…

It’s super dope naked foul! I love the cube navigation and fantastic 3d anims! Aesthetics aside, it’s also easy to navigate and I like choosing whether to nav with the cube or the topbar! I’m so jealous!

Thanks ResGirl…for your comments…much apreciated… ;]

!!! ** 17 views…1 comment…???..come on peeps!!! don’t be shy…i do not take offence easily ;] **

ZH…

Very nice!

Okay, Gin, since you don’t take offense…just some personal comments:

My biggest complaint is that when I am in a section (such as graphic design), that button (or cube) in the interface doesn’t let me know this. I know it’s not complete so it’s a little confusing to tell where you are in some sections, but I would (personally) shade or highlight or distinguish that button (or cube) when I am in that section.

In the contact portion, the cursor blinks a little higher than the field it is in. Just annoying to me (personally, again). :slight_smile:

Placing the close window button on the left of the window instead of the right bothers me for some reason. It feels a little awkward and uncomfortable to me.

Allowing the user to choose their own background and/or navigation preference is really sweet! Really great idea followed through with a really great execution. Nice!

The colors are a little odd, but they work and the whole site has a “feeling” which is a sign of good design gestault.

I realize most of these comments are personal and I really enjoyed the site much more than it seems in these words. :slight_smile:

Great job!

t2d

thanks t2d…

‘when I am in a section (such as graphic design), that button (or cube) in the interface doesn’t let me know this. I know it’s not complete so it’s a little confusing to tell where you are in some sections, but I would (personally) shade or highlight or distinguish that button (or cube) when I am in that section.’ :-

• I think i will add the section title to the pop up boxes…rather than highlighting the butts/cubes???

'In the contact portion, the cursor blinks a little higher than the field it is in. Just annoying to me (personally, again). ’

• thanks 4 pointing that out… i missed that…

‘Placing the close window button on the left of the window instead of the right bothers me for some reason. It feels a little awkward and uncomfortable to me.’

• i just wanted to make the interface a little different from your typical user interface…

ummm cheers for the comments…
ZH…

Yo ginger! would you believe it, i was about to post asking where you were, and there you are, back in the high life again, with a brand new Theory7 design site!

I didn’t mind the left close button, but all i ever read is, do not confuse users, give 'em what they expect interface-wise…

i still like the colors, but i got really fed up with the little bleeps everytime you use a button or a window opens/closes (nice fx on that!)…

…hmm…what else?..need to take another look…

Hi eyez…

Thanks for the input…and i look forward to the rest…when u have reviewed it again…

i have one thing i feel i must say…regarding: “with a brand new Theory7 design site!”… lets think about this with an open mind…

I agree the concept is simular [pseudo 3D effect]…but i have taken the effect and made a site with my own design style input…

i have seen loads of different sites done with the simular effects but i do not imediatly class them as a rip off’s, copies… of each other…

…make sense???

come on eyez…give me more credit then that… ;]

on the sfx… i think i will control all sounds via a/s and have sfx on/off switch…

Cheerio,
ZH…

p.s…‘made me smile…that u noticed i had been gone for a while…’ :slight_smile:

I really love it. It’s just amazing. And it does look a little bit alike Theory 7, at least in the general design and the loading process, but as you said, they didn’t invent loadMovie nor orange color.
That cube is sure hard to use, but it’s a really great idea.
I really really like the loading thing. The window appearing, and then the little thinggies before the small windows appear… simple too good looking.

Bravo, c’est un chef d’oeuvre.

Reminds me of 2 things :

1. You said you were gonna do a tutorial about a mailer I was drooling on
  2. Kirupa is going to make (I hope) a build-your-site tutorial, and I think it would be great if you could give him a hand on that :smiley:

Long time since I’d seen such a great site.

pom 0]

thanks…ilyaslamasse…

the 3d nav is a bit hard…but thats why there is two nav options…i am rather fond of that concept… :wink:

“c’est un chef d’oeuvre” - - please translate…i speak italian not french…[well a little italian]

tutorial…mailer…b%£*&!$s…i forgot about that…i looked for it and found it 3/4 finished on my Hdd…i will finish it this weekend…

and as for how to make a flash site tutorial… i rekon i would enjoy that…i will email kirupa…

Cheerio,
Ben…

C’est un chef d’oeuvre = it’s a masterpiece. I really think it is. If kirupa doesn’t give you that site of the week award some day, consider yourself $$£¤¤ (autocensorship).

pom 0]
“and as for how to make a flash site tutorial… i rekon i would enjoy that”
YES !!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!

Ok, just had another look (nothing added since last time?):
(btw, the theory7-design allusion wasn’t meant as a critique, i like their site!)

So, i sometimes got the “Profile” not to load correctly (click multiple times and s’times the text part on left just stays on ‘Loading’)

Click “Contact”, click in “Name”, and see what happens when you try to Tab into the next field…

I like the “Graphics” window, but why is the top/right clickable (but nothing happens)? But i still like it! :slight_smile:

But I don’t like at all the pinkish-red color while waiting for another background to load (in “Customize”)! Doesn’t fit with the gray/orange design…
I guess the title “Music options” when your in the Menu-customization is just a typo… :wink: …Why do you so nicely deactivate the active section button here (menu or bg) and don’t do it for the top menu with the main sections?

Lastly, put your Cubed Menu on a higher level/ z-index, as it disappears behind the open window…looks too nice for that! Or would you rather keep the content on top?..
When is the next update due? miaow, curiosity killed the cat!

hey eyez…

u caught my server at a bad time…it gets really slugish [slow]…that really p"$%^&s me off…!!! I am currently looking into changing servers…

and you were viewing the site as i was editing it…so that might have screwed things up a bit…

i will sort the tab issue out and the z-order…i haven’t written the script 4 that yet…

the clickable issue is how u will view the flyer in full…i haven’t added the instructions yet ;]

i think u missed my point with the theory7 comment…re-read it ;]

i shouild have the whole site finished by 2morow night…so u can give it final crit/bug check then…if u don’t mind… ;]

Cheerio,
Ben…

Lemme know when it’s up :wink: