3d plug

Hey, here is a image i worked on a while ago as part of a bigger project. just recently rendered it using Hdr rendering.

:::soulty:::smirk::

Shiiiiiiiiiiiny
that looks great soulty:beam:
good job!

thanks dude, yeah just a bit shiiiiiiny, lol. :wink:

wow, this is awsome, i like it.

keep up the good work!

:stuck_out_tongue:

what you made that? At first I thought that was photo cuz the reflection is sooo friggin real! Awesome work maaan! :slight_smile:

thanks all for your comments :slight_smile:

Syko: you thought it was real, hehehe , thanks mate :wink:

nice material and render man…SWWWEEETness…did you use a ghost environment to get that reflection???

*Originally posted by 3d-iva *
**nice material and render man…SWWWEEETness…did you use a ghost environment to get that reflection??? **

Render using a High-Res texture maps in HDRI (High Dynamic Range Image) format. Which gives you realistic reflections and highlights and lighting. check the link out.

http://www.sachform.de/

That looks great soulty, what 3D app did you use to render it?

thanks eg :wink:

I used Maya with the hdr rendering method mentioned above :slight_smile:

Does hdr work with Cinema 4D version 7?

yeah, i read it goes, let me check actually i think its version 8.1

Yeah i know it works for version 8, but I don’t know about version 7…

you can download a trial of version 8 at http://www.maxon.de/index_e.html

do you know if max (mental ray) or LW can use HDRI? I am looking into it right now but if you know let me know. I had heard about hdri but never seen a render till now.

mental ray uses hdri , all you need to do is apply a surface shader on a sphere larger than your scene and select final gathering in mental ray.

A little tweaks to some settings and then render.

::: so if max has mental ray im pretty sure it can render using hdr.

OMG mental ray is soooooooo expensive…gonna see if the job will get it for me…

wow! just modeling that ids sweet but that render…
is mental ray a renderer?

*Originally posted by 3d-iva *
**OMG mental ray is soooooooo expensive…gonna see if the job will get it for me… **

For what 3d applications, you can download version 1.5.1 free for maya 4.5.

:::middle of the page is the link for mental ray 1.5.1

*Originally posted by mdipi.com *
**wow! just modeling that ids sweet but that render…
is mental ray a renderer? **

Yep mental ray is a renderer is comes with most new 3d apps standard. XSI has mental ray build in to it, 3d max has the plugin, Cinema 3d has a standard version of mental ray ( so no hdr , unless you have Cinema 8.1) and maya has the free 1.5.1 version i mentioned above, although in maya 5 it is released with version 3.2 , which has much better intergration with maya iteself.

Mental ray is like Brazil for Max, or Renderman. though Mental ray is quicker, less complex to use and gives you quick results, for people that render with renderman and such are more in the industry for film. (Renderman is made by Pixar and used in there movies)

Dang yet another reason for me to get acquainted with maya…Thanks for the info…