7π-ish Anniversary AMA! What would you like to know?

I’m terrible with dates, but I realized that this site is now 23-ish years old or 7π Years Old (give or take a few slices). Over this period of time, I never really talked a lot about the site itself, why something was done the way it was, and any other behind-the-scenes-like content. If you had to ask me any question in this train of thought, post below!

To do things a bit differently, my plan is to answer your questions not necessarily as text. I plan to record my response as a video in a series I’m planning to call Kandid With Kirupa! The cringeworthiness and low production value is going to be a part of the fun here.

So…ask away!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I posted this on Twitter and LinkedIn, and I received a bunch of questions - many privately. I will catalog them for tracking here :grinning:

The first of many videos is now out:

1 Like

Congrats on your 7πth anniversary!

1 Like

Congratulations.

1 Like

When kirupa forums and flash were in their prime, what did you think the future of flash would be at that time?

1 Like

Loved the logo video BTW :slightly_smiling_face:
What did/ do you see the main purpose of the forums to be? Answer questions from learners? Showcase UI/ UX/ front end methods? Supplement the Youtube videos? Develop a community? and where do you see the forums going in the future? and what would you like to see from the community?

2 Likes

What do you think about Stack Overflow these days?

@steve.mills - this was a good question that made me think haha. Here you go:

1 Like

@krilnon - great question! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@tbo - I’m going to get a video going on this shortly!

Some of the other questions I’m tracking that people have sent me via linkedin or e-mail:

• How do you monetize the site?
  • How do you use data and analytics to make decisions?
  • What is the one thing you would change?
  • What motivates you to keep working on this after 20 years?
  • How do you balance your day job with the web site?
  • Why don’t you have a better mobile experience?