All your salaries

in Arkansas it’s 10% o.O

that means that a $640 check gets cut down to $520 after state, federal, and social security.

i hate this this state’s tax.

:slight_smile:

yeah, when we go to NY its like, what, 7.5 or something, and i think thats a littl e high…

and i think NH is like 0
going there a week from tomorrow camping
sweetness
and leaving tomorrow for Lake George
BTW how do you 16-17y.o.'s get jobs? like besides a mcdonald’s, grocery store place?

I do web design for 20-25 dollars an hour. It’s more than I’d make at the local grocery store, plus I enjoy doing it, and I’m learning real world skills.

I hope to progressively raise my prices.

The only problem is that the work is nowhere near constant or reliable.

i got my job (really an internship) through a class I was taking at school called EAST. It’s pretty fun, and my website was featured as our schools entry when we went to conference.

:slight_smile:

yeah, i’d like to do something thru my school, 'cept its a high school, not exactly technically advanced (i think i know more than the guys paid to keep the networks up…), but i will be taking over the school’s music department website, got the award for, basically, knowing the most about web design (HTML), and will probably helping my teacher teach our Computer Apps. class Flash (flash in school…drooling…)…

cant get paid tho…dam:m:

screw all as in Computer repair? cause that’s what my department is, i get paid the exact 6.75 an hour

[ot]
[size=4]All your salaries…are belong to us.

[/size]There, I’ve finally said what all of you were thinking about but were afraid to post :stuck_out_tongue:
[/ot]

:lol: Dude I already got my peoples out there collecting :wink:

I’m not sure on the exact numbers, but Canada’s income tax works kinda funny - ie: for the first $35,000 of taxable income, you pay ##%, and for the next $35,000 and so on and so forth. (Federal)

the provincial one works on the bracket system (which I am in the bottom colomn - woo hoo! no taxing me!)

Sneaky.

Banks charge a lot of extra fees when you cash in a check from a foreign country. I think a member (eilsoe maybe?) had that issue when I mailed him a check after winning one of the contests on this site.

I resort to sending checks overseas only as a last resort. You could ask to be paid in actual cash, but that makes tax preparation (at least here) a bit more difficult.

actually , it can make it much easier (don’t ask - don’t tell… well, don’t tell anyway :whistle: )

You know what they finally got Al Capone with was tax evasion :wink:

He got life in Alcatraz for it, better be careful :wink: hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t mind being sent there now. The locks on the cells don’t work and they have ferries off of it numerous times a day. I don’t think they even have armed guards!

if I ever get up to several Million$'s per month in unreported web biz and kill people for not hiring me and kill off all my local competition …
…I’ll be sure to look out for the IRS :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

btw: he was given about 17 years and he was paroled early when diagnosed with Syphilis … he died in one of his vacation Estates in Florida … (something close to that number)

Kirupa, check a few posts back bro… I already jumped on that one :wink:

I make $11.25 an hour American for my summer internship, roughly 40 hours a week. I get paid a little extra because I have an hour commute. I am interning for the MIS Department so basically do stuff like set up network connections, phone lines, computers, and fix things.

I’m interested in hearing what the other teenagers here have to do in their internships.

I tax 20% or somewhere close to that :ogre:
And then there’s 25% tax on almost everything I buy (except for grocery, books and movie tickets) so… don’t move here ppl (unless you like the stunning nature :wink: )

A ‘fun’ calculation to do here in Denmark, is to calculate how much money you have to make to buy a car.

Let’s say you buy a small car that costs $10000. There is a special tax on cars that’s a whopping 180% on top. So now the car costs $28000. Then there’s regular sales tax of 25% on top of that, so you actually have to pay $35000 for the car.

We have a progressive income tax where you pay a low percentage of a low income and a high percentage of a high income. Let’s say you work overtime to be able to afford the car. Then you’d usually end up paying the maximum income tax on the money you use to pay for it. The income tax at the high end of the scale is around 60%. So you have to make $87500 to have $35000 in your pocket to buy a car.

Of the $87500 the $77500 goes to the state in various tax schemes. And $10000 goes to pay for the actual car.

Then when you actually have the car, you have to pay an annual ‘green tax’ to get to keep your license plates…

I just saw a used Aston Martin Vantage on Yahoo! selling for $40000. If I could get one that cheap, I’d run out and buy it right now!

Oh well. I guess I shouldn’t complain too much. I actually like living here…

I bet it’s like that in Sweden too Hans, altough, I’ve never bought a car :stuck_out_tongue:
But taxes are a pain in the buttocks (:P) here in Scandinavia… :frowning:

Here in NY, taxes suck. Sales tax is 8.5% Except on some foods. and 32k here doesn’t get you very far. I run 3 retail websites, a doctors office network, real estate. I work 50 hours a week and try to do web design on the side. I have it. It’s not worth the money in the littlest. But what else is there to do around here. I tried to quit. I just cannot find another job. Either the nuke plants or missile defense plant, and well NiMo, if you don’t work at either one, your poor. Then there are state jobs. Great if you can get in one. You have to be someones sister or spend alot of time on your knees. So… most people here are forced to have 8 kids and go on welfare. They actually live better than I do. Oh, and they get free cheese. I’m not sure if they get a choice on the flavor. I’d shoot for muenster or mozarella. Enough for now! Anyone in NY area needs some help, I’m a gun for hire :wink:

<EDIT>Not literally!</EDIT>