BEST Scary Movies

What do you guys think are the best scary movies?

I watch tons of scary movies with my sister and a few of each of our friends for almost every night for a week in the summer. This year we went through about 15 scary movies (last week). Man was it fun. Anyway, what are your favorites?

Here’s my list:

Friday the 13th: Quite possibly the scariest movie I have ever seen. I can’t believe I hadn’t seen it until now. I’m not really sure why it was so scary, maybe it was the sound track. The plot was very predictable, but it didn’t detract from the scariness. Plus, the ending was the best. Ever. If you haven’t seen this movie, you really need to. Don’t count on the sequels though, they fail to impress (at least the second one, which is the one I watched).
It: Although I haven’t seen it, this is the standard that we match movies up to, I’ve heard that it is one of the best. Escpecially if you are scared of clowns (like I am). My friends won’t watch it with me though, they’ve already seen it and claim that it is too scary.
What Lies Beneath: This isn’t necesarily scary as much as it is startling. There are some parts were you just jump – big time. It’s an alright movie, but definitely not the best.
The Shining: Wow. I can’t believe that this movie was made so long ago and is still so scary. I saw it a couple of years ago, and this movie is good. A classic. The only thing that I didn’t like was when ghosts started appearing, made it much less believable and didn’t add much to the plot.
Dr. Giggles: If you can’t decide on a comedy or a scary movie, go with Dr. Giggles. This movie is hilarious, and also has its scary parts.

One observation that I’ve seen as I’ve been thinking of scary movies to list is that the black guys always get killed first. Don’t know why it is, but at the end of the movie, there’s usually not a black man left standing. Kind of odd if you ask me… Oh yeah, and the dog never dies.