BEST Scary Movies

What do you guys think are the best scary movies?

I watch tons of scary movies with my sister and a few of each of our friends for almost every night for a week in the summer. This year we went through about 15 scary movies (last week). Man was it fun. Anyway, what are your favorites?

Here’s my list:

Friday the 13th: Quite possibly the scariest movie I have ever seen. I can’t believe I hadn’t seen it until now. I’m not really sure why it was so scary, maybe it was the sound track. The plot was very predictable, but it didn’t detract from the scariness. Plus, the ending was the best. Ever. If you haven’t seen this movie, you really need to. Don’t count on the sequels though, they fail to impress (at least the second one, which is the one I watched).
It: Although I haven’t seen it, this is the standard that we match movies up to, I’ve heard that it is one of the best. Escpecially if you are scared of clowns (like I am). My friends won’t watch it with me though, they’ve already seen it and claim that it is too scary.
What Lies Beneath: This isn’t necesarily scary as much as it is startling. There are some parts were you just jump – big time. It’s an alright movie, but definitely not the best.
The Shining: Wow. I can’t believe that this movie was made so long ago and is still so scary. I saw it a couple of years ago, and this movie is good. A classic. The only thing that I didn’t like was when ghosts started appearing, made it much less believable and didn’t add much to the plot.
Dr. Giggles: If you can’t decide on a comedy or a scary movie, go with Dr. Giggles. This movie is hilarious, and also has its scary parts.

One observation that I’ve seen as I’ve been thinking of scary movies to list is that the black guys always get killed first. Don’t know why it is, but at the end of the movie, there’s usually not a black man left standing. Kind of odd if you ask me… Oh yeah, and the dog never dies.

^^^
what he said.
also poltergeist 1, and some of the scenes in “the haunting” were pretty creepy.

I don’t watch a ton of scary movies, I’m a big panzy and get scared too easy :smiley: BUT, The Shining is an absolutely amazing movie…and yes it scares the crap out of me each time I see it…

I like The Others with Nicole Kidman, the ending was very well done

the original (b&w) Night of the Living Dead. the followup is decent.

Well the Ring was kinda scary but not .:=+++THE BEST+++=:. lol I think all of those “Alien” movies with Segourny (wow spelling???) Weaver are very scary

Silence of the lams

Hanibal

Siriously I crapd my pants when watching those movies.

lol Silence of The Lambs seemed a lot scarier than Hanibal. Hanibal was just gross, not scary

o and T-O: who is Susio? Your girlfriend?

hanibal was on tv a bit ago, i didnt know what to think… but i had a bit to drink… so there you go :slight_smile: (im really giggly when im drunk apparently, Fyi)

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, what are your LEAST favorite scary movies?

Mine would have to be the Langoliers (a steven king movie), it was in the horror section and it’s just plain not scary. At all. Anyway, we got it on DVD because it was so bad, we watch it every now and again just to laugh at how badly done it was or to prank someone who thinks they are going to be watching a scary movie.

i loved many of the steven King movies when I was younger, but when saw some of them again one year ago, and they were all just a little too crappy. same applys to the Alien series

hmm, scary ones:
28 days later cool movie
Silence of the lams and Hannibal
any movie with cher (she looks like a rouged cadaver)

28 days later is a good movie but the final 30 minutes and the ending sucked IMO and I havent watched hannibal yet :stuck_out_tongue:

The first truly scary movie I remember watching was Children of the Corn. Pretty tame by todays standards but it was the most scared I have ever been during a movie so I’d have to put that one at the top of my list.

Corn fields freak me out!

The Ring freaked me out pretty well also.

Ah yes, the ring. I remember that right after I saw that movie, I had windows media player on my computer (with visualizations) while I slept. For several nights in a row, I woke up and the visualization was a scratchy white circle (or a “ring”). It was really really freaky.

the ring, friday 13th and the shining, woahh. What about American Psyhco? Yeh i know not scary but its funny when he shows off his muscles in the mirror. Hey what about Dawn of the Dead? I always hate it when the producers include those dolls in horror movies, freaks me out.

[font=Arial]The evil dead (scariest of the three)

evil dead 2

evil dead 3 army of darkness

Dawn of the dead (the original not the remake)

nightmare on elmstreet

hellraiser

chucky
[/font]
[font=Arial]any oprha winfree movie really scares the crap out of me. wow![/font]

nightmare on elmstreet
hellraiser
chucky

:d:

Three movies that really scared me when they were released Jaws, Alien, and Signs.

the terminator series scared me…
terminator 1-3 weren’t too good,
but terminator 4 was quite scary (you know, the one in which he is applying for governer and winning the election)