Brazillian Show off in Indianapolis:

Yesterday Gil de Ferran, Helio Castroneves (Penske) and Tony Kanaan (Andretti Green), all Brazillian racers, have won a singular victory for Brazil: they have conquered the first, second and third position in the Indy500. If helio Castroneves have made the first position instead of second, he would have won the Indy500 for the fourth time in a roll… preety cool, huh?

I have to admit that after the death of Senna, i lost my interest in races, but i really regreat that i missed this race.

That is pretty cool. I tend to watch the European/SA races with Schumacher, Hakkinen, Salo, Montoya (the mod??) and others more though. I tend to dislike many of the American races which involve nothing more than cars running around a circle or oval for several hours.

I enjoy watching the races that take place in Monaco or another area where the races take place amidst other buildings/variation in track :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

You seem like a big fan of F1 races (what you call European/SA races), perhaps you remember Ayrton Senna… the brazillian guy that even with a much inferior car, he always kicked Shumacher butt :stuck_out_tongue:

but after his death in the Imola GP, i lost my joy on watching that kind of sport… he died because an stupid error of engeneering.

His team made a crappy adjustment on his driving bars, causing it to break in the middle of a close turn at 125 MPH. Needles to say he didn´t make that turn… he went straight ahead, crushing himself against the wall.

It´s hard to accept this loss, knowing that he died on someonelse´s fault.

His service was a touching one… all country stoped to watch. we mourned him for months. He has a special song (that was played on his victories) that even now it draws tear from my eyes.

I do remember the name vaguely, but he was a few years before I started to get interested in F1. Barrichello is among only a few Brazilian names that I remember though. I used to be a big fan of F1 (watched all the races, played all the computer games, etc.) but after Damon Hill retired in 1999, I started to lose interest in the sport…I still watch it occassionally though =)

Cheers!
Kirupa :ub:

*Originally posted by Guig0 *
**His team made a crappy adjustment on his driving bars, causing it to break in the middle of a close turn at 125 MPH. Needles to say he didn´t make that turn… he went straight ahead, crushing himself against the wall.

It´s hard to accept this loss, knowing that he died on someonelse´s fault.**
iirc, lots of people had a tendancy to crash on that corner…

*Originally posted by Phil Jayhan *
**guigo-

did yhou see the world domination map above? someone left you a surprise~ ;)… **

WOW! i own Brazil ! :stunned:

cool! i wonder who made that for me :-\

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Indy made some drastic changes a few years back, and most of the CART drivers haven’t been racing there (unless they started recently), because of those changes. Something to do with the owner of the speedway, and who was allowed to race there…

CART races mostly road courses anymore, and I must admit I don’t follow them very closely anymore…

Congrats to Brazil tho!

Rev

Cheers rev! =)