Challenge: RR.com nav

Wow, that’s amazing, I’d die for that fla to learn how that was done… :thumb:

Wow! Great job Morse and Jimhere!

morse i had no idea u were that good in PS. Anyway, can u tell me how u did that gradient on a curve. Its on a layer by itself. It is the one that highlights the top part. Can you tell me how you made the gradient even on the curve? Thanks

Mike

1. Outer Bevel
  2. Feather
  3. Feather and Mask

Any of those things work.

Great Job Jim!

simplistik what do u mean outer bevel and feather? I am talking about the gradient he did. Look at his source file. Do you see the layer where it is just a gradient (no blending modes). I just want to know how he made a gradient go along a curve evenly. THanks

Mike

Oh, “Layer 3” in set 1? That’s actually just straight across the top, a gradient.

An update on my Flash/vector version. Thanks go to the Gradient tool, Soften Fill Edges, and Convert Lines to Fills.

amazing once again, I want the fla :slight_smile:

Jimhere: That is amazing - i didnt htink it could be done in flash…

jim how did u make the gradient go along all those curves evenly?

In mine I did it by eye…

morse, i dont mean to sound like an *** but if you got all those PS skills (which until now i had no clue that u had) wont dont u make ur website with some unbeliable graphics? worried about load time or something?

Here’s the FLA. It’s good to know these things are possible in Flash. This way the bevels can morph in through tweens, the transparent “glazing” can slide down like a lizard’s clear eyelids, whatever.

This exercise proves to myself that shaped gradients are do-able, even though they’re not gradients, just softened edges. In Photoshop you could Copy the style from the layer. Unfortunately in Flash it’s gotta be done by hand each time.

I’m mostly a photoshop guy, but drawing is drawing.