Corporate site check

hiya…just posting a url of a corporate site ive been working on…can anyone please have a read through content and view design an let me know what they think!..any advice or comments appreciated!

NB…circulation management section still not complete!

cheers!!!

http://212.240.62.11/newcorp/index.html

[and any suggestions as to why the skip into button is not working properly?]

Pretty nice layout for a bussiness one thing the purple text at the bottom does not go with the rest of the site otherwise pretty nice site.

I agree with SilverKidd19. The text at the bottom doesn’t go. It should be black or something. Also, the skip intro link is very hard to hit, you have to be precisely on the text. You should go into your button clip and add another layer, move it to the back and create a rectangle behind the text that is the same color as the background. That way the movie will count the rectangle as the button too and you won’t have to worry about trying to hit the text. Just a suggestion.

thanks or the replies guys…i never really noticed the colour didnt fit in well…il see how it looks in diferent colours!..i guess thats the value of these forums…so would it make u want to use angels media services?..lol

any further comments appreciated positive or negative!

*Originally posted by sukh *
**thanks or the replies guys…i never really noticed the colour didnt fit in well…il see how it looks in diferent colours!..i guess thats the value of these forums…so would it make u want to use angels media services?..lol

any further comments appreciated positive or negative! **

Some of the text comes up and goes away before I have a chance to read it. :frowning: You might consider leaving it up for a bit longer. In particular, I’m speaking of the paragraph that starts with “Providing the industries we serve…”.

Just my .02 worth!

Some suggestions:
[list][]Reconsider the use of ‘Courier.’ As a fixed width face and one that is almost universally associated with typewritters, it seems to me that you need to have a really good reason for its use.[]Be careful with the drop shadows. Drop shadows are great for making bright colors pop against bright backgrounds - but they can muddy up dark colors against bright backgrounds. Further, they can become a design crutch (don’t know what to do, so lets apply a drop shadow.) Its another one of those things for which I try to have a really good reason to justify its use.[*]Consider anchoring your design into the window with some kind of expanding design element. Check out Vulcan - its a 2advanced site that (like the 2advanced site itself) anchors its centered content area in an expanding grey field with vertical borders against the content.[]The red Hugo quotation on the home page draws the eye. It seems to me that the quotation is less important that other content on that page, so maybe try another color or find some way to anchor it into the design in a way that makes it clearly subordinate to the main nav, etc.[]Clean up the type in the popup menus. It’s lookin’ pretty crazy in there - you’ve got strange type flow and empty lines, etc. I strongly urge you to look into a program called DHTML Menu Builder ([url=http://software.xfx.net]you can get it here) as it will solve many of those problems for you and it is very cheap ($65) and it creates menus that work in all the major browsers and it is very easy to use.[/list]Feel free to disregard, just hoping to be helpful.

Phaedrus

thanks very much for your suggesstions…Alot of the issues are issues i have myself…

Courier is the corporate font so it was suggessted i use it by the company…

The ‘Hugo’ quote and colour was again suggested to be included by the director…[if u can call…add this in this colour a suggesstion…lol]…i dont like the quote myself…rather confusing and it takes your attention more that the information on the page…

Im working on improving the menu as we speak…

again any more issues please reply…[though some positive comments might give my ego a boost??..lol]

only kidding…identifying problems is what improves a site…[but still…my EGO??..lol]

anymore feedback?

One thing that I noticed:

the over frames of the home, history, and associations navigation buttons are a few pixels to the left of the up frames. Makes it look like the text jumps to the side a little bit.

Other than that, I just agree with what’s already been said.

matt