Desert Combat... A mod thats better than the original

Okay, I loved Battle Field 1942,
But many things I hated, weapon - class alocation being one of them…!!! Japanese with German weapons? Russians with American weapons? Stupid uniforms… tanks shooting like catapults… list goes on…

Anyway… then this mod comes out… its is almost perfect… words cant explain, check it out:
http://www.desertcombat.com/index.php

Lets just say, you can drive not only this big baby,** but everything on it!**

too bad bf1942 lags more than HL2 on my pc :-\

desert combat is a nice mod…

when it doesnt ruin your battlefield installation
when you have time to d/l the 700meg installation files…
when you’re playing on the allied side (ever tried being iraki - you get your *** kicked each and everytime)

and wtf are you talking about japs having the same weaps as americans in bf ?

and im sorry but planes in bf42 are sooo much nicer to fly than jetplanes in DC…

I agree on the fact that ww2 planes are more fun but hey…

What ticks me off in Bf42, is Japanes have many of the weapons the GERMANS have…

Its just something as simple as infantry weapons are missing in the game… The most widley used american ww2 rifle, the Garand is not in the game… Russians have the stupid star in their forehead… the tanks shoot like catapults…

Dont get me started on the lack of deversity of vehicules… almost everything is mirrored in each country…

And the expansions the come out with… a few skins, a few maps and 2 new vehicules and lets sell it again!

what comon everything mirrored ? the zero aint nothing like the spitfire nor the corsair - the M10 isnt like the PanzerIV

I do agree tanks shoot catapults though - but once you master that—

And there is the garand since the last patch… i think (even though they screwed up the marine’s skins) but ohwell

nope no garand,
I do agree on the Airplane part like I said… but the APC… everyone has the identecal one… the Japanese have a friggin kubelwagen! What they read alot of German Import Tuner magazine?

It seems to me like an incomplete game… the panzer III is exacly like the Sherman, (why aren’t there a single brit tank?) the sherman is exacly like the t-34/76 … No there is no grand, it ticks me off. Why does the medic have the Assault Weapon, with the exception of mp44, and the assualt classes have support weapons?

why aren’t there a single brit tank?)

cos the brits didnt really have a good ground force i guess - more of an air force…

but I dont know why, I do play DC and EoD once in a while but keep getting back to original BF… ohwell…

Oh Mlk, dont make me bust out the ww2 hardcore(yet always usless) knowledge :smiley:

Britain expeditionary force was fighting the war on the ground way before anywone else…

And under montgomery they rolled Rommel accross N. Africa! Just read the intro the El Alamein… you’ll see!