Desperately need your input

Hi

I have put this url in SOTW, the reason I put this url in a new thread is because I badly need your information.
My client told me that some people unable to access the site.
I have tried everything, so I’m clueless… where did I go wrong…
the last thing that I can do now is fix the preloader, because the last preloader only showed up when it reached 22%.

so here you go the link:

http://www.thomaszoethomas.com

let me know [reply this thread] whether it’s working or not.
if you are too lazy to reply… just say something like “works or doesnt work” it really will help me alot.

I really appreciate it guys… really appreciate it

thanks in advanced

[SIZE=1]it loaded for me but it took a long time to get there and
I’m on cable. Once it loaded the animations were a bit choppy,
but I imagine that’s cuz of the frame rate. You might want to
increase it a bit to smooth it out some.

Looked good once it was up tho. nice work.

/unflux
:goatee:[/SIZE]

it works fine for me…:slight_smile:

is it published in player 6?:-\

if so, that is probably why the “some can’t see it”:evil: if they only have the Flash 5 player.

maybe:q:

Rev:elderly:

hey guys thanks…
UNFLUX, how long did it take? a minute? the file size is 700kb though.
well, yeah, probably its because of the frame rate, I’ll try to fix this thing later.
anyway UNFLUX did you experience a white background for a while before the preloader starts?

reverendflash, yes its published in flash 6, but I put a detection page so ppl with flash player lower than 6, it will be prompted to macromedia website… so I dont know if this is the problem.

thanks ppl really appreciate it

I have had problems with a detect script… I don’t think they work very well with all browsers:*( especially Mac on Netscape 4.x ) :rambo:

I might suggest a non-flash static intro with a link to the flash 6 player, if you need to publish in 6.=)

that is why I don’t publish in 6 at the moment…:evil: I have too many clients who use Macs, and have download Phobia…:cool:

If they don’t have the 6 player, all you get is a white space :-\

This will be a problem until the player 6 reaches saturation.:frowning:

Rev:elderly:

have you tried deployment kit from macromedia?

loaded fine and did not take too long for me (cable)

my only criticism is that the main movie opened in a second window then a list of clients in yet another window.

it may be just me but i hate closing windows (especially the first one that had no reason to b there but to advertise (and was covered by the main movie anyways))

just my humble as it’s way to classy for little old me to do

lol

gary

thanks Gary
no problem, I like critics, they make me survive :slight_smile:

the reason why my client wants a seperate window is because they don’t know how to update/edit flash, they only know HTML, and I worked for them per porject only.

thanks really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

lol so you should have sold them a support package for those times when there are no customers to pay the rent.

cheers m8eboy

gary

Great work!

I am currently on dial up and it worked great no prob! Wasn’t to slow loading either just a minute.

I really like the layout and clean look and feel, navigation very easy also.

Nice work!