Drawmachine 2

hehe, check this little baby out i made!!

(NOTE: refresh page to generate new pattern, sometimes u can get a completely symmetric pattern, if you’re lucky! :P)

www.avalon-rev.dk/drawer2/drawer2.html

That’s awesome eilsoe :slight_smile:

Wow! How did you do that?!?

pom :asian:

I cheated!! :stuck_out_tongue: Ahahaaa!!

It’s incredibly simple… :slight_smile:

shall i post the fla.? :slight_smile:

sure:)

here ya go…

www.avalon-rev.dk/drawer2.fla

Feel free to mess it up as u want! :stuck_out_tongue:

(my right shift button doesn’t work… strange… maybe it’s low on batteries…)

It’s a spirograph! You did it using mathematical equations right?

hehe… nope…

only for 3 circles… :stuck_out_tongue:

check it out yourself…

That is very clever eilsoe. But if I may make one suggestion.

I heard that if you alpha something to 0, flash still renders it, but if you make it _visible = false then Flash doesn’t render it anymore.

I am supposing you could just turn alpha = 0 to _visible = false and it will “optimize” the movie. It does work either way, I tried, I am just not sure if it really optimizes anything or if it is just another method of doing things.

Does it render someting with an alpha of 0?

well anyway, it works either way yes… :slight_smile:

I guess we have to wait for Ilyas or someone else to answer out questions about it rendering or optimizing:)

yeah, that’d be some useful info in my book…

but since this movie isn’t that complicated, i don’t think it makes much of a difference though…

but if it optimizes it, then i’d definitely go with _visible=false; on this one… and in the future…

I’m think that if something is _alpha 0 then it is still rendered - I even think _visible is still rendered. When I started making games I would have the original bullet _visible false, then the others dups of the original but if the bad guys went to the area where the orginal was _visible false - they still hit tested true - so I’m presuming that using either would still render them.

Just thought I’d clear up on this subject…

If you set a MC to _visible=false; it does NOT render…

Not in my FlashMX… Tried it with hittests and all…

However, setting a MC’s alpha to 0 still renders it…

OMG!! Your telling me that ive spent all this time making art with my Spirograph and… flash can do it for me?! MY WHOLE YOUTH HAS BEEN WASTED. My life has no meaning now… I guess i’ll have to take up some other life long journey…

hehe =)

Hmm… I just had an idea… one that I myself, cannot bring to life…

“The 3-Dimensional Spirograph”

Something for the AS-3d sick’n twisted coders… :slight_smile:

(pom i.e.)… :stuck_out_tongue: