Flash 5 or MX

A friend of mine says he wants to learn to make flash, and he was asking me if i can tell him what he shuld buy, Flash 5 (4,3,…) or MX. Do you guys know what he should get???
-Thanks, Happy Flashin’:cowboy:

Most of the time, actually all of the time I like having the most up to date version. Answer me this, would you still buy VHS if you had a DVD player?

Grow with the times, get MX, unless you think you can’t handle it :wink:

Actually MX is better for beginners than Flash 5 or lower because of the easy to use interface!

*Originally posted by dan4885 *
…would you still buy VHS if you had a DVD player?

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

ok, thanks guys. I’ll tell him to get MX
-Happy Flashin’ :cowboy:

I agree with the others and I also think if you’re going to rack your brains learning a program, might as well rack your brains on the latest version. =)

*Originally posted by electrongeek *
**I agree with the others and I also think if you’re going to rack your brains learning a program, might as well rack your brains on the latest version. =) **

Exactly. The coding scheme and interface has change a bit in MX since Flash 5. So you could spend your whole time learning Flash 5, only to update (if that happens) and have to relearn almost everything.

ok guys, THANKS!
-he’ll order MX tomarrow

YEha man… The others are right… MX…

I started of fin 5 and it screwed me up for 2 weeks trying to gte the hang of MX instead of 5… I almost went back… And now that I didn’t… I’m glad… Cause it’s a heck of alot better…