Flash MX Rollover Icons

it works
how did you do it

Read a few posts up.

It’s very simple.

The images are contained within a movie clip - images. This movie clip has a motion tween that starts at just off the stage and ends at just off the stage.

The circle button has the
[COLOR=blue]on (rollOver) {
_root.images.play();[/COLOR] // this plays the movie clip
[COLOR=blue]}[/COLOR]
action.

So when the mouse is over the button the movie clip will play.

And also has the
[COLOR=blue]on (rollOut) {
_root.images.stop();[/COLOR] // this stops the movie clip
[COLOR=blue]}[/COLOR]
action.

So when the mouse is taken off the button, the movie clip stops.

The movie clip has the
[COLOR=blue]gotoAndStop(1);[/COLOR]
action on the last frame.

This makes the movie clip go back to the start position and stop. It will not play until you move the mouse over the button.

is that it?

Also is there a way i can also set up the same button to open another menu?

Well, you’ve used the [COLOR=blue]on rollover[/COLOR], so you could assign something to happen on [COLOR=blue]on release[/COLOR].

how?
Please tell

Save a copy of the scrollingstopping file. Change the original action of the button from [COLOR=blue]on mousover[/COLOR] to [COLOR=blue]on release[/COLOR] and try and get the images movie clip to do something.

It’s best to try rather than me telling you. You’ll learn that way. If you still have probs, then post again.

so say i had seperate picture in a row like your circles and rectangle. Could i get it to center the picture in the middle when i moved my mouse away?

I think I know what you’re talking about. Please ellaborate on that.

is there a way that i can assign a button for each picture ( or circle) so if i put my mouse over it it would immediatly focus in on the designated picture for the button. in other words, bring that button to the front?

you would change the _x and _y to match where you wanted it to end up when you moved your mouse over it. If you wanted a smooth moving effect you would have to add more scripting.

Check your messages.

I’m sure there are some good tutorials you can learn from on this site. It has some good stuff,

And check out fla files here if you’re lazy.

Look under the buttons, menus and navigation sections.