Hijacking Server and Domain

If you register a profitable domain from somwhere (like 1and1.com), do they have the power to just take it from you and sell it to a high bidder?

Also, if you make a multi-billion dollar website with tons of content, could your host easily steal all that from you?

These questions may seem crazy, but I’m speculating on the worst case scenarios. Is it feasable to buy and run your own server? And how exactly do you register your domain by yourself and not through some website?

Thing is you should find a smart host. A smart host would know it would bring in more money to affiliate with the big website for a link on their page or something over stealing the content and selling their content. This is especially true considering the fact that the author of such content can easily sue the host for stealing of property and not only force it so that the host can no longer sell the content, but will probably be put out of business.

You need to choose the right host.

You sound a bit paranoid if you ask me…

What? You’re okay with putting a billion dollars in anybody’s hands?

You’d put a billion dollars into a bank wouldnt you?

i certainly wouldnt.

i’d put it inm a swiss bank acount - no tax :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way your still putting money into anybody’s hands.

I would but the billion dollars in a high security vault in my home.

There’s one issue at hand. Was the billion ever yours? Doubt you’ll get it for a long while if at all :slight_smile:

I’ll get the billion sooner or later. I’ve got a good website idea.

Everyone has that + 1 :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t get your hopes up that fast. There’s a good chance of something happening with a good idea… but nothing’s guaranteed.