I-Robot Review

I didn’t find any other posts for this, so maybe it hasn’t been posted yet.

I jsut got back and it was pretty entertaining. The CGI is done pretty well, some scenes seemed a bit work on the green screening as it didn’t look seemless.

I thought the acting was well, if you like Independence day then you’ll like this. It’s pretty similar Will Smith kind of movie he’s just fighting robots instead of aliens.

Also since I’m an audi fan I loved all the cars. It looks like Audi bought this movies as GM bought the Matrix.

Did anybody else see it yet?

There’s a telesync out… :stuck_out_tongue: But I wanna see it in the movies… it coming out here in 29 jul.

I’m looking forward to it too but the reviews haven’t been great…anyone else seen it :h:

I saw it and really liked it. But I always liked the book too.

the movie was better than i expected, but with so many movies that have been out lately it seems like the story is not new, its like the origin of the matrix that got stopped, something like animatrix but with a diffrent ending, but the story was very good and entertaining.

Saw it last night. I liked it alot. Don’t expect it to be anything at all like the book, though. I think the credits at the end said it all: “Suggested by I,Robot by Isaac Asimov” or something to that effect. Basically they had the name in common.

I thought it was a great movie.

I didn’t think it was a lot like ID, unlike Ethan did though. I thought Will Smith was very “toned down” in this flick and didnt’ play his typical kind of character. Don’t get me wrong, I thought he did a fantastic job and he is one of my favorite actors, but it was just a different kind of role for him.

I didn’t know too much about the whole “I,Robot” series of books and the background of the stories before going in, but now I am very interested in finding out some more. I have the new wired magazine with a great history on the author and more about the movie.

I would reccomned it if you are in need of a movie with a very good story, some great action and some even better acting with some wicked special effects. The robots look AWESOME!

I am glad you all liked it. I was very “iffy” about it. I wanted to hear some feedback before I went out to see it.

I will probably go watch it now that I know its not another all effect no plot flicks. :thumb:

Watching the trailer made me find this movie a bit similar to the origin of the Matrix (from Animatrix) and how the robots rebelled against their masters and started killing everyone.

yah, that’s a good point.

Only these robots don’t go around killing people really… I don’t want to spoil the movie for you if you haven’t seen it or anyone else so I won’t go on :slight_smile:

Add I-Robot to my list of things to see, right beside Spiderman 2 and Beyonce butt naked. :thumb:

Well darnit,
I guess Ethan beat me to it! :wink:
Well last night I went and saw the flick with my cousin and his girlfriend, and might I tell you, the movie was pretty good. It actually entertained my cousin’s girlfriend! Lol
I definetly think the CGI was awsome, amazing robotics.

One thing that got on my mind, was that in everysingle action movie, there is always one person who saves the world/country etc. Ever think of that? In I,Robot, Will Smith saved the world, obviously with a side kick, but mostly him. In Matrix, Spiderman (Or any hero movie, for obvious reasons), Underworld, Transporter, etc etc.
Just wanted to share some of my thoughts…

Oh and that reminds me… I noticed that in this movie, the actual problem, began to form in the first couple of minutes. What I mean is that in the first 2 minutes, Will Smith, begins to notice robots disobeying, or killing people. Not like this is a big deal, but in movies like the matrix, they keep it “cool” for sometime, then the problem forms…

Theres my 2 cents

I havent seen it, but probably will.

I saw the show on MTV, where they showed previews, and scenes from the movie. It looks good!

SureShot,

I didn’t so much mean that Will plays the same character, but that if you like Will Smith as an action hero with his good sense of humor than you’ll probably like this movie.

Once more people have seen it, I have some questions for you.

I agree, generally I hate the actor but because he tried a new style of acting I was quite pleased with his performance. He actually can play a serious person sometimes.

I think they did a good job in the trailers of showing the Will Smith haters like me that it would still be a good movie to see in the theater.

I look forward to the questions :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed this flick :thumb:

The only reason I’m a little angry, is because it has NOTHING to do with the I, Robot series. Which was great, the movie basically punches Asimov in the face. But i’m still gonna go see it.

One thing that got on my mind, was that in everysingle action movie, there is always one person who saves the world/country etc. Ever think of that? In I,Robot, Will Smith saved the world, obviously with a side kick, but mostly him. In Matrix, Spiderman (Or any hero movie, for obvious reasons), Underworld, Transporter, etc etc.
Just wanted to share some of my thoughts…

Hollywood my friend.

I haven’t seen the movie yet but I didn’t like the CGI on the trailers. The robot faces seemed wrong. Not friendly (they should be in the beginning). Nothing like Asimov’s bots (like R Daneel Olivaw or whatever his name is)

i wanna see this soo bad! :cool:

The Robot faces are very friendly. Especially the “main” robot that the story seams to revolve around. He shows a ton of emotion with just his facial movements and such. Trust me, he looks very friendly.