I-Robot Review

What is with young people nowadays and their overweening inclination to compare everything to the Matrix?

Grim actually is in his mid to late twenties and has a few little grims running aroung to.

It was a movie that defined a generation. Is that not enough a reason to refer and compare to it?

Actually that was a general question.

I guess it just irks me when people refer to material that predates the Matrix franchise as being very “Matrix-like.” I mean… come oooonnnnn

Edit: This comment of course referring to the novel, and not, necessarily, the movie.

Why do I feel like buy’n allstar shoes after watching this movie…

and owning a JVC system… and buying a AUDI… HMmmm

I think the allstar shoes where a tad over done :stuck_out_tongue:

My friend told me it was like that anime ghost in the shell in some sense. I haven’t seen either i robot or gits, is it at all?

No it’s not like ghost in the shell.
I’ve seen both, and there is barley a link. But you really have to see it!

i’m seeing this tongiht :slight_smile:

anime = cool. Anyone here seen Akira? That movie kick MAJOR butt.

yeah akira was alright.

seen it! I have it on DVD :slight_smile:

[size=5]Get back on topic![/size]

Ethan, you still have some questions for me bro?

Has anybody who’s already seen this movie also read the original series? Sushisource, I know you mentioned it, have you seen the movie yet? I just want to know exactly how far off from the actual story the movie goes. I’d probably rather not see it if it’s a movie that would cause Asimov to spin in his grave. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only similarities between Asimov’s book and the movie are the name “I, Robot” and the three laws. At the end of the movie, it even says “suggested by” Asimov’s book. Not to say it’s a bad movie. I actually liked it a lot. But don’t expect it to be anything like the book “I, Robot.” Funny thing is, when I went to B&N to read it before I saw the movie, there was a picture of Will Smith on the cover.
I haven’t read the other books, so I couldn’t tell you if any of them relate to the movie or not.

It sounds the movie is too great :snug:

I’m so excited to see this movie, but it’s not out here yet :frowning:

cheers

…sort of off topic…
I saw ghost in the shell. It was good
looks for anime thread; starting one if their isn’t one…

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=i_robot

So have enough people seen this yet, so we can start discussing with Spoilers?

I bet its along the same line as Blade Runner, Minority Report, and Total Recall - all big blockbuster movies “suggested by” horrible pulp sci-fi books by Phillip Dick. Not that Asimov was a horrible pulp sci-fi author - on the contrary he was a genius. But Hollywood is rarely successful at making money by sticking to the script (Harry Potter being the exception that I can think of off the top of my head).

I think so Ethan…

ok, well now I think it’s bee so long I forgot my questions…

I think it had to do with something like, that they set it up so that their friend the robot was to lead the masses of stored robots in a revolution… Let me try and remeber it now.