Idea - Not really a tutorial

I had this idea of doing a page regrouping all the little AS tricks we have. Something comprehensive, from the basics (increment/decrement) to the advanced (for…in) loops.

Tell me what you think.

pom :asian:

Hey Pom,
I agree. Kind of like an abridged version of the AS Reference that comes with the Flash MX, except there will be FLAs and sample animations provided when needed.

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

That’s also something we’ll have to do some day :x but I was thinking about things that you CAN’T find in the AS dictionnary. Small tricks, shortcuts…

oh ok, gotcha! Kinda like having to use _root.gotoAndPlay(5) when changing frames on the main timeline from a movie clip. I’ll start on that as soon as my main internet connection starts working. I just realized that my Full Flash Site tutorial will be more complicated than I expected because I use a different copy of the navigation in each movie. Instead, I’m planning on keeping the navigation the same…I’m digressing from the main topic here again haha. Yeah, I’ll start a section called AS Tricks or something and then start explaining from there in a list format.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

Exactly. And I’ve written a couple of things so that you don’t have to do too many things :slight_smile: I’ll send it to you as soon as I can.

And good luck for the full site tutorial. I don’t want to put pressure on you, but just about everybody’s waiting for it…