Lord of the Rings / The Return of the King

I do :slight_smile:

hahaha! Right on! :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by mlkdesign *
**Twas a bit overdone in my taste - CGs were near perfect (xcept when they lit the bonfires) but here are some thing that sort of bugged me:

• the elf, orlando bloom, is bloody useless - just does forcast
  • the big orc-elephant scene looked like AT-ATs on Hoth in the Empire strikes back
  • Smogulā€™s ANNOYING voiceā€¦ myyyyyy preciouuuuuus
  • You gotta love how the blond chick gets dumped (ā€œI cannot give you what you want - Im just a shadowā€)
  • The same music was played over and over
  • Dont you burn when youā€™re sitting on a volcano ?
  • An army of ghostsā€¦ wtf ?
  • The wraith guy gets beaten by a simpleton (the blond chick) deceived me a bit - that guy looked invincibleā€¦
  • The halflings fighting were pretty cool actuallyā€¦

just my two cts **

1. Legolas useless? Heā€™s an extremely good fighter and does contribute to the fight against evil. Elves are known to have a keen sense of vision and enabling Legolas to look ahead for any dangers. How useful does he have to be?

2. Someone already mentioned that - it could be an homage. The oliphaunts were mentioned and described in the books long before Star Wars. How else are these big beasts supposed to move?

3. So what? Heā€™s not supposed to sound like an angel.

4. Umā€¦ so what? Thereā€™s a lot of stuff going on and this is the thing you chose to focus on? Did you grasp any of the dozens of other themes going on?

5. Music. Oh I wasnā€™t paying too much attention what with the battles and things going on at the same time.

6. They werenā€™t swimming in the lava nor were they sitting on the very mouth of the volcanoā€¦ they were on this rockā€¦ which was not covered with lava or enflamed. They were probably hotā€¦ thatā€™s it man. And lava rock is porous so the air flow cools the rock (which is why people can ā€œwalk on fire/coalsā€ā€¦ I saw it on the Discovery Channel). Againā€¦ who cares?

7. At this point, you should understand that you are watching a fantasy. There are elves, magic, wizards and demigods in this film. A lot of imagined creatures. I donā€™t know about you but an army of ghosts is not that far off in this world.

8. How is she a simpleton? Maybe thatā€™s a theme you failed to grasp. Iā€™ll just leave you with a quote from the movie: ā€œEven the smallest person can change the course of the future.ā€ - Galadriel.

9. Ahhā€¦ go watch Beavis and Butthead instead.

I just saw it for the first time. **** that was amazing. One question, though, what happened to the guy not Gandalf, but the other white guy? They got his little globey thingy, but what happened to him?

Already watched it twice and contemplating to watch it for a third timeā€¦ coz i actually missed the first part when Andy Serkis turned Gollumā€¦TWICE!!! curse myselfā€¦and i am watching this as many times as my thin wallet allows meā€¦ silly me but how I hope LOTR will outdo TITANIC in box office taking record! I mean if this many pple had watched TITANICā€¦ then a dozen more should watch LOTR!!! Just gotta love the movie! how can anyone bring such a story into theater and did so well, not once, not twice but THRICE!!! even matrix didnt make it to thatā€¦ well in my opinion, that is. Peter Jackson and his crews are really genius! Do look out for his other movie Forgotten Silver if you have a chance! watched it and loved it. and his Heavenly Creature too!

Now i have no idea what to look forward to next December. =(

BTW, am really compelled to say, that ā€˜Blond chickā€™ is really EOWYN! Hey give the lady some due respect k? and i have no problem with her slaying the big bad wolf. thatā€™s totally in spirit with LOTR theme. like wat Ren girl said.

My fav scene: Denethor sending his son Faramir to a doom fight against the orcsā€¦just a different sorta of magnificence when the whole scene played. and everythingā€¦actingā€¦ moodsettingā€¦ were just so much better than I could imagine while reading the book. well, thatā€™s just to name one egā€¦

What happened to Saruman and Wormtongue is presented during the Battle of the Shire which from your question was not included in the theatrical version of the Return of the King. I think it will be presented in the extended edition (fingers crossed). For me this is quite a disappointment! But what can we do, if the whole story is presented the movie would last more than four hours! sigh You have to wait for the extended edition or better yet read the book! :slight_smile:

If Titanic earned alot in the box office it got there while spending alot of money during production! In the Lord of the Rings they only spent a little amount that is even cheaper than a regular movie!

Well, Titanic did have some ****ography, that probably attracted a million dollar more perverts.

*Originally posted by RenaissanceGirl *
**1. Legolas useless? Heā€™s an extremely good fighter and does contribute to the fight against evil. Elves are known to have a keen sense of vision and enabling Legolas to look ahead for any dangers. How useful does he have to be?

1. Someone already mentioned that - it could be an homage. The oliphaunts were mentioned and described in the books long before Star Wars. How else are these big beasts supposed to move?

2. So what? Heā€™s not supposed to sound like an angel.

3. Umā€¦ so what? Thereā€™s a lot of stuff going on and this is the thing you chose to focus on? Did you grasp any of the dozens of other themes going on?

4. Music. Oh I wasnā€™t paying too much attention what with the battles and things going on at the same time.

5. They werenā€™t swimming in the lava nor were they sitting on the very mouth of the volcanoā€¦ they were on this rockā€¦ which was not covered with lava or enflamed. They were probably hotā€¦ thatā€™s it man. And lava rock is porous so the air flow cools the rock (which is why people can ā€œwalk on fire/coalsā€ā€¦ I saw it on the Discovery Channel). Againā€¦ who cares?

6. At this point, you should understand that you are watching a fantasy. There are elves, magic, wizards and demigods in this film. A lot of imagined creatures. I donā€™t know about you but an army of ghosts is not that far off in this world.

7. How is she a simpleton? Maybe thatā€™s a theme you failed to grasp. Iā€™ll just leave you with a quote from the movie: ā€œEven the smallest person can change the course of the future.ā€ - Galadriel.

8. Ahhā€¦ go watch Beavis and Butthead instead. **

ditto Ren was goign to make the smae response but didntā€™ have the time before i left for x-mass. Legolas useless LOL. The guy takes out Oliphant caravan by himself. In FOTR he more then once saved the Fellowship from getting there *** kicked in allmost every battle.

*Originally posted by comicGeek *
**What happened to Saruman and Wormtongue is presented during the Battle of the Shire **

Ah I thought it was called The Scourging of the Shire or somethingā€¦ but anyway, yeah a lot of people are hoping its gonna be in the extendedā€¦ which of course is believed to be 4 hours and 13 minutes longā€¦ not sure.

*Originally posted by tariez *
I hope LOTR will outdo TITANIC in box office taking record

Oh, it didnā€™t? (i really thought it did, honestā€¦) :stunned:

1. Legolas useless? Heā€™s an extremely good fighter and does contribute to the fight against evil. Elves are known to have a keen sense of vision and enabling Legolas to look ahead for any dangers. How useful does he have to be?
  1. Someone already mentioned that - it could be an homage. The oliphaunts were mentioned and described in the books long before Star Wars. How else are these big beasts supposed to move?

2. So what? Heā€™s not supposed to sound like an angel.

3. Umā€¦ so what? Thereā€™s a lot of stuff going on and this is the thing you chose to focus on? Did you grasp any of the dozens of other themes going on?

4. Music. Oh I wasnā€™t paying too much attention what with the battles and things going on at the same time.

5. They werenā€™t swimming in the lava nor were they sitting on the very mouth of the volcanoā€¦ they were on this rockā€¦ which was not covered with lava or enflamed. They were probably hotā€¦ thatā€™s it man. And lava rock is porous so the air flow cools the rock (which is why people can ā€œwalk on fire/coalsā€ā€¦ I saw it on the Discovery Channel). Againā€¦ who cares?

6. At this point, you should understand that you are watching a fantasy. There are elves, magic, wizards and demigods in this film. A lot of imagined creatures. I donā€™t know about you but an army of ghosts is not that far off in this world.

7. How is she a simpleton? Maybe thatā€™s a theme you failed to grasp. Iā€™ll just leave you with a quote from the movie: ā€œEven the smallest person can change the course of the future.ā€ - Galadriel.

8. Ahhā€¦ go watch Beavis and Butthead instead.

Wow sorry sen Im not a hardcore fantasy fan and I just found funny each of legolasā€™s words: ā€œthe sun is red in the east, blood has been spilledā€ <ā€“ i mean coomonā€¦ how can you not smile at that

About the volcano thingy- maybe they could have made it more credible - thatā€™s what we like in fantasy - itā€™s characters that ressemble usā€¦

And the wraith lord; in the two first movies tension was build around him - relentlessly tracking the ring - iā€™d thought heā€™d deserve a better death thatā€™s allā€¦ a nice fight

Music - Iā€™m really sorry for me this is 1/3 of the movie - itā€™s good ole irish music - but they should have added some more variety to itā€¦ i still have that theme in my headā€¦

Yes! The Scourging of the Shire is the correct chapter title!

Woo! I didnā€™t even look in the book! Iā€™m a LOTR nut! (as if i didnt know that, iā€™ve seen the movie 5 timesā€¦)

5 times! For the FOTR I watched it for 4 times in the theater plus numerous times on VCD. For TTT I watched it for 4 times in the theaters plus numerous times on the VCD. I watched the FOTR extended edition 3 times. I intend to do the same for the ROTK! :stuck_out_tongue:

For me the best part on the book are the appendices in the Return of the Kingā€¦ alot of juicy stuff there! :smiley:

I still have to go and see itā€¦Have seen about 3 other movies since it came out, because all the theatres all still filled to the top right now (in the LOTR rooms)ā€¦ Iā€™ll just wait =)

wait??? waiting for rotk that long would rot me alive, inside outā€¦

Well yeah, but I just donā€™t feel like sitting in a crowded room, surrounded by tons of people who arenā€™t really interested but just came to see whatā€™s the fuzz all about, and little children who canā€™t shut up. Iā€™ll let it cool off a bit =)
The hunt is better than the catch :wink:

waiting for it to cool off might take a while. You still have to buy tickets 2-3 days in advance at both theaters it is playing in where i live.

I just looked at the DVD version of the First L.O.R movie they added quite a bit of footage (like 30 minutes) that was NOT in the theater release. That was cool.