Talking during the movies

Since there are a few movie threads…

…I watched LOTR last night and my brother was sitting next to 3 guys that were talking and making little jokes the whole movie.

I think this is totally ok when you are at home, but for f-sake there are other people in a theater who don’t think you’re funny and don’t want to listen to you at all.

My brother was ready to roll those 3 guys, and had he given me the signal I would have taken 2 out.

I just don’t get why people do this? Is it a lack of respect for anyone else? I mean my back gets sore because I slouch the whole time so the person behind me doesn’t have to look at my head. Kids these days…

Is there no way to install tazers in the seats controlled by audio levels?

And I guess I can understand this sort of thing from maybe 14-15 year olds, but these guys were 19-20ish.

And you sush them and they ground louder. You sush them a 2nd time, and they grow louder and then get punched in the face.

I think every middle class american whiteboy needs to go live in Hawaii for a year or so. All the little annoying selfish things they do like talking during the movies will come with heavy lessons.

p.s. What’s up Phil?

… but what’s even worse is when parents bring their little childern ie: 0 - 5 year olds to the movies. They cry and won’t stop shouting yet the parents aren’t even doing the simple courtesy of leaving the theatre. you want to tell the parent to shut thier kid up but you don’t know of any polite way to do it. So you just sit there watching the movie thinking of ways to kill the kid while you are trying to inaudibly mute the kids voice from your brain

:m:

I’ve smacked a few upside the head that talk

i talk constantly throughout most films as most plots suck… :thumb:

cell phones are what piss me off. When I saw LOTR RotK people cheered and applauded at the no cell phone message before the movie. But STILL at least 1 went off. I was about to kill someone. Im considering investing in a cell blocker. I hear you can get them for about $100 and they can be made to look just like another cell phone. :bad:

all of these reasons for my boycott of theaters…

When a favorite actor comes on the screen, they applaud and you can’t hear the dialogue…

I’m done with spending $20 just to see a movie in the theater… I’ll rent it on DVD, see it in my own home, with my choice of adult beverage, with places to pause to relieve myself, and inexpensive snacks… all for around $5, and I usually have a couple friends over at the same time, so it’s a social thing as well…

so rather than get upset at the theaters, I have boycotted them for years…

Rev

but thats also a part of the reason for going, is the atmosphere like that. Half the fun of going to a sports game is cheering a long with the crowd. You cant be too anal when going to theaters; you kind of have to expect a little of that.

but cheering? I mean come one, it’s not like the actors can hear you…

Or, you have some idiot trying to explain them movie scene by scene to the person they are with…

about being anal… that is why I don’t go to theaters… :wink: at least I understand my own limits, unlike the crabs who go anyway, and continue to complain before, during, and after the movie…

Rev

:stuck_out_tongue: I usually make little cracks at the stupid advertisements they have before every movie, but that’s it. That’s crazy, ethan; you should’ve pounded one of them in the face, the people around you probably would’ve appreciated it as well.

In germany nobody is cheering when their favorite actors come on the screen… Maybe some girls give their ‘ahh’ , but that’s about it :smiley:
But your right, it can really piss you off when some poeple are always telling the jokes before you hear them…
btw, what is sush ? I couldn’t find it in my dictionary ;(

shush means be quiet.

In the cinema near me, people don’t cheer. Nobody really uses their mobile phones either…

People talk though. It pisses me off too when people just laugh and talk through the film (unless it’s a terrible film :P).

*Originally posted by c!rYx *
In germany nobody is cheering when their favorite actors come on the screen… Maybe some girls give their ‘ahh’ , but that’s about it :smiley:

Same thing here. Cheering in a movie theatre? That’s just weird. A few times people applauded at the end of the movie, but that’s very rare.

Anyway, about the talking, there’s a policy in the theatre where I’m going. If you’re disturbed by idiots during a movie, you just go out, call the security guard and he asks the persons to be quiet. Plus you get a free ticket because you missed a part of the movie. :thumb:

that’s cool :slight_smile: we don’t have that, but we also don’t have a police department at school ;D hrhr

I hate people who are like “who’s that” and “why did he do that”

Dur Huh like I would know any more that you unless you’re stoopid

People clap and cheer at the beginning and end sometimes…

during LoTR 3 a couple of things in the main battle caused cheers…

if i comment its in whispers into leaned ears…

I would have got the theatre attendant or security…

one time this group of girls were talking as loud as a middle school cafeteria, people all over were hushing…i just got up and got the attendant- had to twice - but they ended up getting quiet and leaving after a bit.

the last movie I went to the theater for, was the remastered version of Star Wars, right before the 2nd trilogy came out…

every time someone would come on screen, the entire audience would cheer. They even cheered when Obi Wan ‘dies’ …

Totally ruined the experience for me. I went for the new sound, and retouched special effects, and couldn’t hear the sound through the bs from the crowd…

Thus began my boycott of theaters…

Rev

ugh yeah that would be annoying…

movies are still around $6.00 - $8.00 here.

Does anyone bring their own snacks?

$10 here…

and my gf sneaks snacks in when she goes…

Rev

yeah something about eckerds/walgreens and oh i dunno walking out and having spent $1.50 on snacks…

and i do stress that (s) in snacks…