New Logo Design, Thoughts and Comments Welcome

Hey I’m currently redesigning my website www.orwaresystems.com and I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts. The website is for my computer consulting/builiding/ISP businesses, even the ISP one does have its own website. You can view the old logo at the actual website and the new one is here:

http://www.orwaresystems.com/boards/newORlogo_idea_6.jpg

If it’s too small I can resize it…it’s 72 ppi here, but in the psd it’s 600 so if bigger is better just ask and I’ll post up a bigger one. Actually, any comments about the old website I have up would be welcome, too. And before anybody starts flaming that the website sucks for a computer business and whatnot, I was 16 when I made it, which is not too young, but not too old either.

Thanks for your input!

-Omar Ramos

Web graphics are oblivious to dpi, that is only used in print. You could save them at 1 dpi and it would look the same. The only thing that will keep them crisp is storing them in a large format or keeping them in a native vector format. If you don’t believe me, save the file twice - at different dpi’s - and look at the size (doesn’t change).

The image is fine, but looks to have some banding and aliasing. It’s like it isn’t resampling when resized. Try saving the image as a gif instead of a jpeg.

yes, the new one is better. Just don’t like the overall design, font choise aesthetic. I feel like i’m shopping for car parts.

One issue I noticed - when you stretched the two large initial caps (or when you squashed the other letters) vertically, that distorted the angle that the letters have, relative to each other. So, I’d recommend balancing that out - either skewing the two large letters so they’re more angled, or doing the opposite to the smaller letters. I’d go with the first method, though - I think it would look better if the two larger letters were angled as much as the others.

Dunno dude, I think its funky, and fresh . nice one

Thanks guys for the replies. I had been gone a while visiting the Air Force Academy up in Colorado. Compared to El Centro (pronounced Hell Centro because it gets blistering hot over here) I really liked the area.

Thanks again for the critiques,

Omar