New site

I finally disciplined myself to sit down and design a new site. All there is right now is a basic design and a few dummy pages. I just wanted to get some opinions on the design before I start filling in all the content.

http://www.mptolman.com/home.html

Tell me what you think…

its really nice and clean, some rollover sounds would be nice. also, IMO, the buttons dont go with the layout in my eyes. allwell, its a really good job.:slight_smile:

hey, just noticed your over at Team Photoshop too, huh?

yup :smiley:

Just added some rollover sound :slight_smile: . What does everyone else think of it?

I liked it a lot I must say… I liked especially the graphics in the center!! The only thing I would suggest is some changes to the upper buttons. Probably what it only needs is a change in the highlight color. The only place where that blue fits is in the Gallery section. In the other sections it seems to brake the color harmony and scheme.
Besides that, LOVED IT!!

Is the layout suppose to be centered? It seems a bit off centered and I’m not sure if that’s on purpose or not.

As for the layout, I don’t like the graphics used on the home and interact sections, they seem out of place. The graphics in the me and gallery sections are much better.

Great…I like the track as u go in :slight_smile: inspirational! One thing I find wrong, why do I have to go back home to be able to view gallery, like ok I click ME and it takes me there but if I click GALLERY or the other one doesnt wanna load so I have to go back HOME to be able to access either one. Dont you think there is a easyer way to do it!

Good inspirational graphics! Keep it up!

peace

Really? That’s odd… It’s supposed to let you go to any menu item from any section. Does it do that for everyone?

It works when i load it… weird…

*Originally posted by electrongeek *
**Is the layout suppose to be centered? It seems a bit off centered and I’m not sure if that’s on purpose or not.

As for the layout, I don’t like the graphics used on the home and interact sections, they seem out of place. The graphics in the me and gallery sections are much better. **

Well, those graphics are only temporary until i make the content for the site. They wont be there when i pump all the content in.

Whenever i click a button, before the loading animation appears, i get a blank frame.
Is dat only me?

*Originally posted by claudio *
**Whenever i click a button, before the loading animation appears, i get a blank frame.
Is dat only me? **

Yeah, that’s because it’s loading the new movie in using loadMovie()… I dont know any other way to do it :sigh:

I do the same and I get no blank frame.
If u want, check dis.
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/preloader_transition.htm

oooh… that could definately help. Thanks! :smiley:

You’re welcome =)

I was using a LocalConnection between two different .swf files… so I’m gonna merge the navigation and content into one .swf file. That will save me lots of trauma and less hair-pulling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yes but in some cases you end up with 3mb website, that’s why I think loading individuals is better! Your call :slight_smile:

Yes i also think external swf is the best way.

Well, I’ll be using separate .swf files for each page. But, what I meant was I had the menu buttons as one .swf file and the content as another .swf file. I was using a LocalConnection to communicate between the menu buttons and the content movie to load the new content in. But the localconnection stuff was too frustrating to work with.

Hopefully that made any amount of sense lol :trout:

that site looks really nice …

very clean, love the buttons

only thing i noticed is that some of the text ( “loading music”,
“loading module” and the section text ) is pretty blurry …

other than that … great job

*Originally posted by x.vector *
only thing i noticed is that some of the text ( “loading music”,
“loading module” and the section text ) is pretty blurry …

Yeah, I don’t know why that is. I’m using static text boxes for that. Any tips for making static text look crisper? (-: