|News you might want to know about|

foreword (again): I don’t have any prejudices against any american, most people are nice and sympathic, even those with screwed opinions.

@ phil: I don’t think he wanted to express something like “America is always the bad one, blame them”,
But there are a lot less insanes shooting people in any other western country, and there is a reason for that: our insanes just do not have the weapons for that.
America is just an umbrella term in this case. It sums up the its government, its laws, and expresses something like: some aspects in america.
Why shouldn’t someone blame america? America doesn’t care for the environment, animals, human beings out of america, other opinions,…
looking forward to answers on that :slight_smile:

During the first half of this year, the drug’s sales were up 18 percent in the United States. Every day an estimated 3,000 to 5,000 Americans begin taking Paxil. In 2001 alone, 25 million new scripts were written for the drug. $2.1 billion last year in sales-- I believe that America is drowning its problems with anti-depresants. A mixture of so called anti-depresants stacked on top of an already unstable mind just doesn’t mix well with a gun. Doesn’t mix well with anything at all. What ever happened to counciling?

Lets face it- there are some crazy mo fo’s in this world, just waiting to snap and make themselves known. This problem can’t be blamed on an entire nation as i believe it will always happen no matter where the “crazies” hail from. To compare statistics from around the world will only get you so far. Accurately blame somebody other then yourself and try no to get shot. People get pissed-people kill people…for whatever reason- its up to us to make up a reason for why they did what they did.

don’t listen to c!ryx, he’s german.

McGiver — I did some research on your/C!whatever’s claims — and it seems, according to Interpol (http://www.interpol.int) that Germany’s crime rate per capita is actually 53% higher than here in the US. (That’s 7,736.33 per 100,000 in Germany vs. 4,160.51 per 100,000 in the United States). Although this includes non violent crimes as well as violent ones, I for one would not assume that this is Germany’s “fault” nor would I say that anyone (in the world not just Germany or the US) deserves to be a victim in any type of crime, violent or non-violent (except maybe C!whatever).

I don’t want to turn this into more nation bashing, but I think Ave brought up a good point about the crusades and middle ages. Many countries/people in Europe bash the United States and really love to make themselves sound so sophisticated, peaceful and dignified when they are just as responsible for the condition of the world as America is.

Our current situation with Iraq is very controversial in the US as well as in Europe, and, of course, they say we’re only there for the oil, which I will not deny may play a part in Bush’s outlook. However, what isn’t mentioned by any Eurpoean country is the cheap oil that you (Europe) were buying from Iraq before the American presence was there. Is that not just as greedy? Supporting a tyranical dictator’s construction of his 30th presidential palace while his people suffer? I think this is the main reason for European hesitation and resent of this war, shrouded by the vail of peace for its citizens.

“Why shouldn’t someone blame america? America doesn’t care for the environment, animals, human beings out of america, other opinions”

Your system of government is based ON AMERICA’S. France, UK, Germany, countless other republics have modeled themselves after OUR system. If we are to blame, then aren’t you as well for following like sheep to our wretched form of goverment for so many years? The government that doesn’t care for the enviornment, the people, or the opinions of others?

And as for the enviornment it sort of makes me sick that you are blaming that on America as well. Yes, we are very industrialized, and yes, we do create a lot of pollution but that is the trade off of modern society. Your country (wherever you the reader maybe from) is most likely polluting our enviornment as we speak, just as mine is. That is the trade-off for our luxuaries. If your country and/or mine wasn’t polluting, and never ever had, I don’t think any of us would be looking at our monitors right now, reading this discussion.

Again, I’m not trying to throw anything in anyone’s (or their nation’s) face, I’m just writing my thoughts. And i still love your footer McGiver. :slight_smile:

EDIT: BTW those facts from Interpol were for 2001

don’t listen to BlueLine, he is not abled to deal with germans.

hehee, yes maybe, but there are a lot more crimes like murderers in the USA. I never said there were no problems in germany, but I still think there is a big difference between being robbed and killed.

You are correct in Germany there were 3.21 murders per 100,000 and in the US there were 5.61 (also remember that we have about 120 million more people).

http://www.interpol.int/Public/Statistics/ICS/2001/germany2001.pdf

http://www.interpol.int/Public/Statistics/ICS/2001/usa2001.pdf

hehe it’s per 100,000, so it doesn’t really matter how many people there are, but that’s still a lot too much :o
and there are a lot less people per squarekilometer :huh:

That’s what i tried to express. A Insane can harm a lot more people if he has a gun. And there are a lot more people with guns in the usa. I do not even know someone with a gun, and I know a lot people.

I realize the per capita thing and that’s why I used the fact, I just figure that with an extra 100 mil there’s that many more chances of someone being a crazy (and that many more people on paxil Od) :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by McGiver *
and there are a lot less people per squarekilometer :huh:

hahaha what’s that? you mean square mile? ROFL

yep the metric system, something that some unimportant unamerican freaks around the world use :wink:

but even if you count them in miles² and I count them in kilometers², you would have less (people/unit). :wink:

*Originally posted by BlueLine *
**don’t listen to c!ryx, he’s german. **
:stuck_out_tongue: I had to chuckle when I read that.

That’s another thing, I really don’t like (you could almost call it hate) how the US persists on not using the metric system. Almost as if we’re deserving of our own system :sure:

I find it interesting that when faced with this issue the best anyone can say is something like

‘well we have more people’
or
’we sell more guns’

I find it odd the way you flipantly pass it off as part of life, we are talking about the murder of human beings not some irrelevent consumer issue.

@ave: simplification is in people’s nature

I don’t say: prohibit weapons and you have got a peaceful society,
but indeed I guess the reason that there are such cruel murders is that the wrong people have weapons for that. How is it possible that someon in civil got a sniper gun??? What should be the reason he got one for private use???

Also what ‘hunter’ needs a semi or fully automatic assault rifle ??

what animal requires that amount of killing ??

quote ave:

I find it interesting that when faced with this issue the best anyone can say is something like

‘well we have more people’
or
’we sell more guns’

I find it odd the way you flipantly pass it off as part of life, we are talking about the murder of human beings not some irrelevent consumer issue.

Death is a part of life, murder has been happening since the dawn of time. BTW you didn’t offer any thoughts on the subject. All i got from your post was-- ave thinks its interesting and odd how people pass off murder. hmmmm thats deep.

*Originally posted by Phil Jayhan *
**cryx-

I’ll tell you something, you better watch your remarks pal. Or I might turn you loose and send you to another phorum. You know what else is Americas phault, as well as my own?

The poor pot bellied phly in the eye child, with an empty rice bowl and a torn pink dress; And the homeless in Burma? Our phault.

The lack of resources in the world, obviously our phault, right? How could it be anyone elses?

We have some sick pshyco picking people off on a highway, we don’t even know who it is, or phor why they are doing it, BUT YOU KNOW???

Perhaps you should call the **[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]fricking[/COLOR][/SIZE] ** FBI and phil them in on the motive.

All the starving children tongiht that will take their last breaths and die of malnutrition, our phault as well.

Your entitled to your phree speech and Im entitled to use the bann button whenever I see someone who just doesn’t seem to phit in here. I hope you get my drift… :bad:

pj :stuck_out_tongue: **

phil, you missed a PH. ** fricking**

*Originally posted by bergy *
**hahaha what’s that? you mean square mile? ROFL **

*Originally posted by McGiver *
**but even if you count them in miles² and I count them in kilometers², you would have less (people/unit). :wink: **

I understood what you were saying the first time; but i really don’t think that it matters how many people/square WHATEVER. If someone is a murderer they are one, whether they live in Europe or America, whether they live next to 30 people or 3,000.

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark.
  2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    3.The use of sarcasm.

See Synonyms “wit”.

sarcasm

A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.

The sarcasms of those critics who imagine our art to be a matter of inspiration. --Sir J. Reynolds.

Syn: Satire; irony; ridicule; taunt; gibe.

well I thought you wanted to express that :stuck_out_tongue:
you forgot the sarcasm tags

[S]<--Your text here-->[/S]

[S] But good that you explained the meaning of the word sarcsm to me, I wouldn’t have known it if you didn’t[/S]

How many threads are we turning sour as of recently…?

Man… A whole lot of hostility… Here you go… For everyone that wants some honest opinions and some factual information on everything… :slight_smile:

The only reason we get dubbed as a highly cruel and “violent” nation is because we medialize everything. You don’t here about the killings of South Africa do you? Or how about Brazil?! Nope… Because they aren’t a heavily mediatized nation. They don’t have millions of nbews trucks and millions of nosey assed reporters going around capturing everything on camera and giving everyone the story…

I foremost blame the media for the reasoning on at least 80% of America’s depression. There are very few times that you can watch the news and actually shed a smile on your face or even laugh. You typically get to see how sucky everything is doing… And it’s very true about human nature. You go to work and do a great job, you’ll get a pat on the back and a congratulations but the moment you screw up… Your deemed the biggest loser in the world and are now crapped back to the begining.

Theoretically, nobody from Europe can even remotely remark upon an American for being the way we he / she is because we derived from Europe to begin with… And from what I remember, we were escaping a tyranny begun by the king and the church of the time being.

As for guns, I’ve always questioned what the crime would be like if we didn’t have guns. But ask this question… How many nations out there would even want to try and invade America?! I can almost guarantee to you that no nation out there is stupid enough to invade America by land. Because every one of us will be standing there holding guns. Men and Women both, defending our country and not running away. Yeah, there are some loonies out there who shouldn’t be holding a gun in the first place, but it is not for us to decide on limiting the life of a person as none of us are any superior than any other human in this world.

We are all bound by the things that make us the worst animals upon this earth. Greed, seduction and power feed our minds as an antelope would feed a lion’s stomach. No single nation is better than any oher nation because it is still run by these rules and as long as a human being runs that nation, that nation will be run with the same greed, rage, seduction and power that the human feels.

Little do we talk about love or friendship anymore and more and more and day by day we are succoming to nothing but hate and hatred. When was the last time you told someone that they looked beautiful or have given your friend a hug and thanked him for something? When was the last time you spent time to just relax and stare at something nice, like the stars? or the last time you told someone close to you how you feel?

I blame our own nature as a human being for the cause of all our problems, but alas… No human can change and be totally perfect… So therefore we will always have fighting and killing…

And oh… Another one of our beloved traits as human beings… Also somewhat found in the animal kingdom as well…

Competition…

Think about it.