Nextscene(); probs...!

Hey everybody!!

Why is it, that as soon as I have more than 1 scene, it automatically switches between scene 1’s frame 1, and scene 2’s frame 1 in flash MX…?

I made a preloader with bar and everything… and it did that!!

Sooo, I made a whole new fla with two scenes, in scene 1 a black ball is moving across the screen (very simple I thought), and when it reached the end, I put in a nextscene();… and on scene 2, i just put a black ball in the middle…

AND YET!!! It still switches between scene1 and 2’s frame 1… and nothing else… WHY!!!

It’s worked before!!! I’ve made tons of preloaders this way before!!

I really dont know what you mean. To test, I did exactly what you described, and no problem.

However, you should not need the nextscene statement because after the last frame it would go to the next scene anyway.

do you have a stop action in those frames?

also try gotoandPlay scene and frame number in normal mode not expert mode. instead of nextScene ()

nah guys… I figured out the problem… a really LOUSY problem from macromedias side… As much as I love Flash, this is just sad…

I have a scene built up of several layers, all containing 1 frame… these frames contain other flash MC’s… I have one MC rolling in the beginning, and at the end of that, it triggers a new MC with the Telltarget…

Apparently, Having only one frame on each layer on the stage (scene1) just causes the movie to skip right ahead to scene2… and having only one picture on scene2, it then skips back to scene1… thus making that “auto skipping back and forth between scene1 and 2’s frame#1”… Macromedia should REALLY have made an option turning off auto scene-change… caouse at the end of the last MC on scene1, I put a nextscene()… But, that doesn’t work 'cause of this problem…

And if there is a way to turn it off… TELL ME!!! =)

Otherwise… is there a way to bypass this…?

I’m gonna link a fla in the next post… one second…

See if you can help…

www.avalon-rev.dk/kirupa.zip

Hope anyone can help…

(oh, and DO NOT mind the preloader, it doesn’t work yet, just made it run the animation to check the other animations on my own comp… and where it says “level0.check2…yaddayadda” when I remove scene 2 it shows “(#)% checked” as it’s supposed to… just reads the loaders current frame)