Open Letter to Al-Qa'ida

gp> that kind of talk should be left out of ordered imho…

The question remains though. Who has given Saddam Hussein enough power to get and maintain power over Iraq (though this has nothing to do with the thread…) ?

you know what, I will grant you a bone on that one 'cause I am feeling generous today… so I will say you are right…
that was somewhat out of line, “pardona mwa” :cap:

edit
I took a chill on the hostility pill… and edited my post,
but I will say… Hessarp answered his own question in the same sentence…
that annoyed me a bit… guess I am old and crotchety :elderly:

Those terrorist are accomplishing nothing by beheading men. If they wanted to really us to back down, they’d have to behead 100 people for us to think they are dangerous. And if they try and capture that many, there’s no doubt a marine will spot it happening and try to prevent it with all of his might.
Of course, I could be wrong.

:puzzle: Are you kidding? They beheaded 1 person (nick berg) and it went all over national TV. America does think they are dangerous and we know it. Not only because of beheading but how they live and treat people. What I don’t get, and this may be stupid, is that how do they just take the marine/hostage without the marine/hosting doing something like screaming or defending himself? There must be other people around him, it’s not like they were along at the time of capture.

But who knows.

I think the marine was shaken up afer seeing his commanding officer killed. He deviated away from the rest of the group, so I’m guessing he was alone at that time.

^ I don’t really know, but that’s the most recent version I heard :slight_smile:

That is true, but there are people (like kids in my school) who, when they watched the Nick Berg video, thought the thing was FUNNY.
That’s just wrong.

Those kids & people who laughed deserved to be slapped by nick bergs generation. Whether nick bergs beheading was a hoax or not, that was extremely inhumane and a painful thing. It was painful just to watch it.

I’m not even able to watch it.
It seems like my best friends and I are the only decent kids in our school.
But yes, you are right.

I bet the kids who laughed used it as a cover to hide their true feelings. I mean, how many supposedly cool kids care about things other than what goes in in their immediate lives? :slight_smile:

GP-maybe not meant for ordered but funny as all hell…

I wouldnt cross that Marine, of course I wouldnt cross any Marine, fighting for his country!

Possible overgenralization coming next! :smirk:
I think many not all people who have served tend to look at things from different angles then civilians, even people with immediate family fighting this fight tend to think different then people who are just watching the 5 o’clock blood and guts news to see what happened today and believe every word they hear on the t.v…not saying who is right and who is wrong just have noticed that opinions differ alot when…just my opinion

I think many not all people who have served tend to look at things from different angles then civilians, even people with immediate family fighting this fight tend to think different then people who are just watching the 5 o’clock blood and guts news to see what happened today and believe every word they hear on the t.v…not saying who is right and who is wrong just have noticed that opinions differ alot when…just my opinion

Its only normal, anyone who was in a warzone looks at life diffrently, no matter what country you’re from. Something about ‘violent-death-at-any-second’ tend to wake up diffrent feelings of people. Personaly, rarly balme fighting men, its rarely their fault, unless ofcourse their mastakes are due to personal initative. Anyway, no matter how naive or misguided letters as above is, it means nothing. Whatever the blame can always be placed on the people the put the soldeirs there in the first place. As I see it, soldeirs, fighting-soldeirs are the bottom of the politician ladder. The politicians that have to carry the tasks out.

you know rere, I agree with you 100% you and RB touched on some really cool points here and I respect you both because you can keep an eye out for all points of view, I guess that is a grown up thing to do, sort of a zen way to live…

True do to individual circumbstances people see this war from ALL angles and yes… we all have our little nitches we fit in, an view the outside world from. this is life…
Me…
I read that letter from the Marine Corp Officer and took it on face Value. Weather or not the letter was real, or a propaganda ploy or another psy-op or media misdirection…that didn’t bother me because it spoke to what I was feeling about the Kidnapping of that Corpral.
I saw that letter as one of my Marine Brothers voicing his thoughts and I sided with him… without Question… because that is the way we are… And if I was just a wea bit younger i would go back in… no not to kill Iraquis, but to make sure that some of my fellow Marines make it back home.
I just get sick to my stomache when I hear someone bashing a person who has agreed to put his life on the line to serve his country. To protect the things that SAME individual is taking for granted…
see I am starting to get worked up now… this topic is pissing me off
I could go on for another hour about some of these weak willed grew up on playstation no gutts peace freaks… but…
… i am going to chill because this is “ordered”
gp

:flower:

well Gp, grown up thing to do I guess… :slight_smile: not getting mad at another’s person point of view.

One other thing one could reflect on (and I’ll be using your words on that one)…

To protect the things that SAME individual is taking for granted…

What are the marines protecting in Iraq?

Hehe - so true. It’s almost as if a few think that peace somehow came about without any sacrifices made or something :cop:

eggs-actlly… but that is typical of the bubblegum generation…
just like my generation couldn’t understand the sacrafices of the WWII era
tho we had Vietnam on our agenda…

This question was so predictable… so much so that I ‘pre-answered’ it in that last post, and edited it out (my second self edit) in the last thread, because I was way off on a Bashing session, and needed to chill… ordered forum and all…

Ok so seeing how you… Pomme, are not an American… You couldn’t possibly fathom what it means to be an American… and don’t get me wrong,… no flame thrower here… but that fact stands. Sure you may have read some books, seen a city or two on TV, maybe even visited here a few years… listen to some rasp music, maybe even have a Grateful Dead T shirt….
this still doesn’t give you claim to know what we are all about.
Freedom of speech is/was and will always be an American right… I didn’t get **“mad at his point of view”, **or the fact that he posted… this is his right… Freedom… he has the right to say what he wants, when he wants, where he wants… that is his right…. And I wore a uniform to defend that right…
My Issue……I guess you could say rhetorical people annoy me….[/issue]
So …. to refresh your memory….

But by the same token Pomme… So I too have those same rights… I can say what I want to him … about him… against him… or maybe for him Just as long as I DONOT preventhim from being able to speaking….
THAT…. is what is all about… Freedom of speech

But now, to poke at your last and most feeble question…

This has absolutely nothing to do with my last post…. “Boy your Kungfu skills are weak…”
In reference to my statement…”a person who has agreed to put his life on the line to serve his country. To protect the things that SAME individual is taking for granted…”
Is referring to, again something you can’t fathom, the willingness of a person to defend his country…
…see, most of those Marines didn’t join the Corps to fight in Iraq as your misdirection would have it. They joined, as did thousands before them, to protect The US from foreign invaders… as stated in the Military oath… “Foreign and Domestic”… It just so happened that our nation asked them to go to Iraq… and as loyal Military Men and Women… They went… without question, because that is the way we are… Semper Fi…

Even you… Pomme, I respect your right to free speech, and will defend it to the death……
but in the future don’t try to tie my arms with your feeble skills … I’m too strong for you…
Instead talk to me plain… we will communicate better.

gp

it’s funny how people make some funny albeit circumspect assumptions.
So as I understand, I CAN talk about America, against America, whatever, but you’ll always have that “I’m-american-and-you’re-not free card” so my opinion won’t

1. matter whatsoever, I wouldn’t know what I’m talking about
  2. change whatever you’d think anyhow
    So, now. What’s the point of having free speech (thing we have too here in France, and at a much greater Face-value than in America, but, hey, you wouldn’t know, I’m french and you’re not) if one cannot debate over american issues if (s)he’s not american?

What I said still stands. It’s the grown up thing to do not to get mad at another person’s point of view, wherever you come from, and wherever you’re getting at, freedom of speech or not. So I don’t know what that blattent attempt at pointing ME out the obvious leads to. Are you saying you have to be American to understand free speech? Who are you kidding with this? Please clear it up for me.

About those GI’s. Of course, I was NOT refering to the GIs per say, those poor grunts could be sent out anywhere without them being able to say anything. I was talking about what those GI’s represent, the system, America, capitalism, sheer brute force, take your pick or make up another one. What is your army protecting in Iraq?

Even you… Pomme, I respect your right to free speech, and will defend it to the death……but in the future don’t try to tie my arms with your feeble skills … I’m too strong for you…
Instead talk to me plain… we will communicate better.

Yeah, right. The way I see it, you’re not trying to communicate better with me, you’re trying to make ME communicate better with you, and with you having so much stronger skills than I do (skills? in what? tsss) , you perhaps should be the one trying to go towards me. You’re like a king on a throne, thinking that everyone should be up to YOUR standards, when it’d be so much simpler if you lowered YOURS. Communication is a 2 way process my friend…
And thanks for being willing to fight to the death for my freedom of speech, that’s nice of you. :slight_smile:

:wink:

:smiley: Kids today…

The thing here is you searching for conflict here with me and you have no leg to stand on……Don’t jump off on a tangent… follow me here…. Pay attention… listen up!
You come at me with a reprimand on my behavior in Ordered, and I granted you a bone and rescinded my text… then you insult me by asking me a ridiculous question….
TWICE I might add…

One…

Who has given Saddam Hussein enough power to get and maintain power over Iraq (though this has nothing to do with the thread…) ?

Two….

well Gp, grown up thing to do I guess… not getting mad at another’s person point of view.
One other thing one could reflect on (and I’ll be using your words on that one)…
What are the marines protecting in Iraq?

Questions only someone with a limited attention span would fall into blindly… and follow you down this pacifistic “holier than thou, I hate American Politic rhetoric…
I am just asking for a small amount of credit here,

Or are you so bent on this idea you can’t see what you are doing…?

it’s funny how people make some funny albeit circumspect assumptions.
So as I understand, I CAN talk about America, against America, whatever, but you’ll always have that “I’m-american-and-you’re-not free card” so my opinion won’t

1. matter whatsoever, I wouldn’t know what I’m talking about
  2. change whatever you’d think anyhow
    So, now. What’s the point of having free speech (thing we have too here in France, and at a much greater Face-value than in America, but, hey, you wouldn’t know, I’m french and you’re not) if one cannot debate over american issues if (s)he’s not american?

No I am not saying this at all… you can comment on anything you wish, just as long as you have your facts correct, or not … in that case just be ready to stand corrected.

What I said still stands. It’s the grown up thing to do not to get mad at another person’s point of view, wherever you come from, and wherever you’re getting at, freedom of speech or not. So I don’t know what that blattent attempt at pointing ME out the obvious leads to. Are you saying you have to be American to understand free speech? Who are you kidding with this? Please clear it up for me

what is this about… “it’s a grown up thing to do…?” Are you saying I am not…? Further insults or what……? besides I already stated that annoyance is the issue not anger…and not at his “point of view” but at the rhetorical nature of his question….
Pomme you have to follow along here….

So I don’t know what that blattent attempt at pointing ME out the obvious leads to. Are you saying you have to be American to understand free speech? Who are you kidding with this? Please clear it up for me.

Pomme you are so far detached here there is no way back… what are you going on about… still missing the point… POINT… stop trying to lead me down theses ridiculous paths of pointless America hating… you can’t do it… the force isn’t that strong with you…

. I was talking about what those GI’s represent, the system, America, capitalism, sheer brute force, take your pick or make up another one. What is your army protecting in Iraq?

See and here you go…… is the lightbulb coming on for you yet…?

What is your army protecting in Iraq?

it all boils down to this statement/Question…. This entire thread is not about this… it is about a letter from a Marine… and I tried to respond to this… you on the other hand are trying to steer this towards some tired old conversation that I am not interested in
However if you want to pose this inflammatory question … start a thread somewhere else,
Maybe someone will want to get into this same old thing… but as far as what I am on about in this thread… you missed it

gp