Programming is coming to me but I've a habit of forgetting what I learn, how do I solve this issue?

I’m quite surprised that now programming is coming to my brain. I’m able to think and solve problems using code. Till now, I have not even started to study for competitive coding(Data structures and algorithms). But I keep forgetting stuffs. How do I fix this issue? Also I don’t know if my answer is correct. I also use chatgpt to prompt stuffs that’d have killed my drive for learning programming. And I can focus on the bigger picture.

But I keep forgetting stuffs. How do I fix this issue?

Basically, you don’t. There’s too much to learn and too much to know. The best defense you can have is learning how to effectively find the answers to your problems, whether they be related to algorithms, or simply knowing the name of the right function to call.

I will always have a programming language reference on hand for anything I’m doing so if I forget something, I can easily look it up. ChatGPT is also a good resource, but its new in the grander scheme of things and it doesn’t always provide you with the best (or even correct) solutions. So you have to be careful when using that. Stack overflow is also a good resource though it is also not without its problems.

More than anything just make sure you have a good foundation and a decent vocabulary so that when you do need something, you’ll be better prepared to know how to find it. Also, the more you code, the more it will come naturally :wink:

4 Likes