Removing Backround Via Photoshop

hey guys…i am making a new splash page for my site and ineed this pic of this guy (me but i hate my hair) to no longer have the backround. i suck with the lasso tool, so is there another way?

plz help,
mike:cyclops:

2 words…

Quick Mask

How to use QuicK Masks…

Select the layer with your image…

Underneith the Foreground and Background colors in the Tools Toolbar there will be two rectangles, one on the left that is a white rectangle with a white circle inside… this is to stop using quick mask… on the right there is a dark rectangle with a white circle inside, this is to entery quick mask mode.

Click the one to enter quick mask mode.

Use the paint brush tool (best at a small size and used with the softer brushes), With the brush, fill in the area that you DO NOT want to be selected (in this case, your body)

Now hit the button to exit the quick mask and the area surrounding the spot you colored it will be selected. Now you can just delete this and be left with your head :slight_smile:

I hope that helps.

I was just about to post that question… once again… i learn one more thing from lostinbeta! :smiley: let me go try it now

BTW… due on first week of march… is my huge project from school… my project is related to web designing… woah… if i learn one thing each day from beta… I will get A+ fosho!

:beam:

I love helping people. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside :slight_smile:

hmm it’s still kinda hard… any other ways?

Except for the magnetic lasso (or any other lasso) tool in Photoshop.

Quick Masking is the easiest way, but it takes a lot of time to get around the edges.

You just have to fill in the center with a big brush… then zoom way far in (CTRL + +) and do the edges with a small brush.

Long and sometimes tedious… yes… but worth it.

you [SIZE=3]REALLY[/SIZE] need a steady hand still though. but i like it WAY more than the lasso. (sp?)

thanks again (or is this the first time?)

-mike:cyclops:

shane one more thing, i think that warm fuzzy feeling was you pissing on your self again! lol jk.

No, I think it was the kitten I ate earlier actually :beam:

warm fuzzy feeling…mmmmm… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

When I have to delete something around something else, I use a brush-eraser, and just remove whatever i want around the edges…

Requires a REALLY steady hand though…

So many methods!!!

lol

:beam:

Works wonders for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw Lost, I started school yesterday, and they went just nuts over a simple water effect using clouds/gaussian blur/chrome/hue-sat layer…

SO funny to impress others with simple methods :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t mean to sound so egocentrical… :frowning:

whooooooops… sorry…

Lol, Yeah I know what you mean.

When I was in school I already had knowledge and well had photoshop. So I took an image and just applied a gaussian blur and everyone was like WOW, THATS AMAZING…

I was just like … “I’m not done yet!”

Yeah! :stuck_out_tongue:

Precisely! :slight_smile:

In my class we make “old school” websites for other small businesses… and we use PS for designs and layouts…

After 2 days there, my teacher (today) made me write up a list of sites having the most useful tutes on PS to share with the other 3 guys in my class :slight_smile:

I’m popular!! Just because I know a little about PS…

W00t!

I was kind of popular for Photoshop myself. But I was mostly popular for knowing as much about web design as I did.

My school made me do their website. It is actually finally up again… http://www.nehs.phila.k12.pa.us/

Now keep in mind that isn’t my best work. For free, for school, i got to work on it from 8am to 9am, and I had to start from scratch and I had to go around get all the info on my own (well one other person helped gather info), leaving me little time to worry about design and such.

The school loved it (and compared to their last one, which was last updated in 1999, I did too) and that is all that mattered to me.

Oh yeah I was also editor, photographer, and well everything else. So that is why it looks so bad. I had about 5-10 minutes a day to work on the actual look, the rest was inputting info and getting info.

This is how the site I’m currently working on now lookes:

www.hundested-genbrugsbutik.dk

Keep in mind, I have yet to touch it, I’m just working on a new design in PS…

This is their old design… not too hard to give a make-over huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of which, check out pom’s new footer by me :slight_smile:

www.avalon-rev.dk/pom/homer.jpg

HAHA, that footer is awesome!!!

And that site is ugly. I can’t wait for you to fix it :slight_smile: