Soft and shiny photographs

well, for the doors thing, you just need to create the doors with the preloader movieclip on the door… the animation for the doors will make the preloader move with them (as it’s on the door) and then the new .swf will be revealed.

i’m not sure what you mean by your last line, “A loader, that loads external .swf’s” … because that’s what preloaders are for - waiting while you load external content.

i’m not sure what you mean by your last line, “A loader, that loads external .swf’s” … because that’s what preloaders are for - waiting while you load external content.
Not necessarily; you can load contents from the same swf file…

pacno im sorry to say this, but you should search the forums because preloading external files has been asked many times before. Once you find the code; Im willing to help with example animations =)…

Thanks, I’ll go digging… :bandit:

me again…I put the preloader into the external swf, not in the “main” swf???
:q:

nope, you’ll need to put the preloader inside the main swf. You’ll load the external swf, and the preloader will check the loading status. I’ve never done it myself; I’ll try to create a script tomorrow… Im off to parteh tonight…

cheers

mlk

I appreciate your help mlk :blush:

that tute you posted a few posts back is an easy way to build a preloading site… it’s what i used for my first one. Just try going through step by step, reading all the bits carefully and you should be alright. Make sure you’ve downloaded the .fla they give you of course, as it has the basic layout for you…

I’ll work it thrue…maybe I need a rest :hangover: - more sleep and fresh air :crazy:
If I still don’t understand it - may I ask again? :blush:

Hey I saw you’re from melbourne - I have some friends there - greetings to the wonderful australia