Terror alert raised!

The terror alerts are a way to insite the public.

I beleive it was the most horrible, its against all logic thinking; why would you want to cause panic in the public, by giving out vague and general information!?

Its just dumb.

agree with RussianBeer. It’s useless to frighten people that way, it’s not like the average John Doe could do anything to prevent the attacks anyhow, and he’ll still have to go to Kmart to buy his bread and butter.

Oh my!! Terrorists are trying to attack the US (didn’t you know? they’ve been telling, sorry, FEEDING you that for 3 years now), it’s time to raise the level to Red now. Have you, in the past three years been down to green or blue level? Think about that. Are they trying to make you think you’re under constant possible attack, as to instill fear, just as you would do any other propaganda gig? Think about that…

I can’t see the point in letting the public know about a supposed terrorist attack that may or may not happen. If the public took this seriously they’d be out buying guns, food and citizens arrest of muslims or people of middle eastern heritage would double, treble. What could the public have done about 9/11 anyway?

Mind you I guess the plane that crashed in a field (Near Pittsburgh, I’m afraid I can’t remember where exactly, sorry) when the passengers tried to take control of the plane back is a fine example of what the public can do in these circumstances.

But I agree it does seem political, now if there is no attack the bush admin can turn around and say “Yeah well we do a great job of protecting the country, see no attack this time, this is because this time the CIA worked”, but how do we know the threat was genuine…we don’t…we rely on the same people who let us down the first time.

Suuuuure, THAT’S why it crashed :sure:

yeah I heard the stories of it being shot down and all that stuff too but I think people will find conspiracy theories and cover ups anywhere if they look hard enough…

why can’t we just give those passengers some credit?
why can’t we look upon them as hero’s who saved hundreds of lives on the ground by sacrifing themselves?

even if it was shot down by the air force and it becomes apparent in a few years I’d still like to think those passengers knew they were going to die but decided to try and save others lives. Why take it from them?

Maybe you have a point, but still…you’re saying the truth isn’t more important then a story about brave passengers. I think the truth is more important to get a clear view on the whole story.

But hey, that’s just our opinions. No problem about that.

Is Anyone really surprised?

US terror plot intelligence ‘old’
There are claims that new warnings of al-Qaeda attacks on US cities are based on old intelligence
BBC NEWS | Americas | US terror plot intelligence 'old'

Nah, the goverment isnt really playing us for chumps…

3-4 year old intel…

what a coincidence…when Kerry announces his running mate and all focus is on the demos, our man Ridge gives a “terror alert”, and days after the DNC, when all focus is on Kerry and pals, Ridge gives another “terror alert”

how convenient

The intel was 3-4 years old, but that doesn’t mean that the terrorists could not act on this threat in the short term. Also, this information was confirmed by some Al Qaeda terrorist captured by Pakistani troops only recently. I am willing to bet that the gov’t has hundreds if not thousands of similar threats in their files. When another al qaeda operative confirms it, then that threat has a greater chance of actually becoming a problem, and the law enforcement agencies can put more effort into stopping them.

Many Al Qaeda attacks have been in planning for several years. I would rather have a warning the few weeks around an attack than one huge warning for the next 2-3 years.

In the words of Bill Clinton when asked this exact question on David Letterman, “Homeland Security played it right!”

:pirate3:

Sorry guys but this is a typical bush administration tactic - We live in dangerous times yes, but. How much much of it is instigated by well timed media reports, fear mongering, finger-pointing and general stupidity. I find it interesting to note that we still have no proof Al qaeda was responsible for 9/11, George technically is NOT the elected president of the US, ( his family has a 20 year business relationship with the Bin Laden family, saudi’s and under the guidance of his father Bush snr, the CIA trained both Saddam’s troops and Al Qaeda in the Iran/ Iraq Contra wars).

Suddenly a plane hits the US, and an opportunity to use fear to remove peoples civil liberties, start a race-hate campaign, and “liberate” the oppressed Iraqi people.

You may say I am misinformed, or cold and not respectful of the many innocent people that died in 9 / 11 ( I lost 2 friends). All I am saying is look behind the bull**** and think outside of the state-sponsored mob mentality

Power to the people.pixi.

Sorry guys but this is a typical bush administration tactic - We live in dangerous times yes, but. How much much of it is instigated by well timed media reports, fear mongering, finger-pointing and general stupidity. I find it interesting to note that we still have no proof Al qaeda was responsible for 9/11, George technically is NOT the elected president of the US, ( his family has a 20 year business relationship with the Bin Laden family, saudi’s and under the guidance of his father Bush snr, the CIA trained both Saddam’s troops and Al Qaeda in the Iran/ Iraq Contra wars).

Suddenly a plane hits the US, and an opportunity to use fear to remove peoples civil liberties, start a race-hate campaign, and “liberate” the oppressed Iraqi people.

You may say I am misinformed, or cold and not respectful of the many innocent people that died in 9 / 11 ( I lost 2 friends). All I am saying is look behind the bull**** and think outside of the state-sponsored mob mentality

I 100% AGREE

ha, but you are misinformed. Al Qaeda is responsible for 9/11, that’s very certain… And technically, George is the elected president of the US (but there are non-elected presidents such as Daddy, the Saudis, Carlyle, The Hawk team - sounds like the A-Team. Did I say “puppet”? [U]my bad[/U].

(irony inside… or not)

I find it interesting to note that we still have no proof Al qaeda was responsible for 9/11

i might be misinformed, but other than heresay, fingerpointing, and the word of elected officials, where is the proof??

I would say that W is the appointed President, but i can’t concede that he was officially, and rightfully, elected…

er sorry, “legally elected president” is a better description. Al qaeda was responsible? interesting… got any proof apart from a garbled taped message that anyone could have recorded? If they were responsible for it ( Osama Bin laden in charge) - why did the cia fly 32 members of the Bin laden family out of the states less than 48 hours after 9/11 ( wouldnt you want to question them?) – And yes you are correct there are unofficial presidents pulling the strings behind the scenes… sorry I dont believe CNN / any govt of the world anymore…

(it’s obvious someone’s seen Farenheit 9/11…;))

The media THRIVES on bad news. Watching a car accident is infinetly more interesting than watching some fireman save a stranded kitty.

Knowing this, it’s VERY easy to play on this machine of fear – to manipulate the viewer into believing what you’re selling. It’s called good journalism. When you can take something extremely outrageous – ie. revoking constitution-granted American rights to privacy – and make the public buy into it, you’re one hell of a manipulator.

Such is our president, his cabinet, and Congress. It’s been dubbed the war on terror, which is a VERY ironic declaration of state based on how much MORE terror has been caused as a result. The American people are being terrorized – by their own leaders.

Why do you think Bush – an ex coke-fiend with ties to the bin Laden’s and a history of stupidity – has chosen Christian values as his platform? Because the conservative, religious zealots in this country are VERY easy to manipulate. And they have massive voting power. Get in good with them, and you can relax a bit about your chances in the upcoming election. The beauty of backing a major religion is that is transcends both parties.

There should be no mention of any religion on or around anything related to the government – it says this quite clearly in the constitution. So not only is supporting the ten commandments in a courthouse unfair to other religions, it is actually forbidden in the constitution. But what did the founding fathers know, eh?

We’re losing rights and freedoms by the truckload on a daily basis and most people – especially congressmen – have no idea it’s happening. We’re being manipulated by corporations and our “elected” leaders into being fearful of anything that moves.

“Rocking” the vote doesn’t mean a thing when both candidates have their own, corporate-funded agenda. Bush lost the election – but somehow in his brother’s state, under the supervision of a close family friend, he was able to win anyways.

North Korea? No threat. But Iraq! Let’s get 'em! Yeeehaw! Who needs proof of WMDs when you can keep scaring the American people into forgetting to ask about them by saying something about the color orange in a press conference.

Just like Bush on the morning of 9/11 after being informed about the first plane and then the second all while sitting idly in a classroom, we as citizens just sit by reading our book(s), waiting for someone else to make the first move or make the moves for us.

Our country is going to ****, and no one is doing anything about it. Choosing the lesser of two evils is far from the way elections should be in the US – even if we are scared or manipulated into voting for the one that promises the most safety from unseen threats.

I know it may be shocking, but yes :stuck_out_tongue: Beyond tapes, you have the statements of captured Taliban members, various writings, plane tickets paid for from Taliban-funded accounts, etc.

Not to throw more gas on this fire but… before you go about spouting everything that appeared in Farenheit 9/11 as if it were true you should look at this - http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

The link between Al Quida and 9/11 is very clear. And the legality of our president’s election is based upon the electoral system which is proven and effective for a republic like ours. It’s sad that neither candidate was good enough to get a clear majority in both the electoral college and the popular vote, but the system has very clear rules and Bush won under this system, get over it.

As long as Moore still gets you all talking about democracy, I’m happy.
(And Sirtimbly, that url you gave is as biased as MM’s website…)

Just curious> have you ever gotten down to blue or green in the terror-scale in the past 2 years? (yeah, I asked that question already…)

Anything lower than “imminent doom” orange or red, the terror alert thing is ignored by most of the media (at least I don’t pay attention to it) :slight_smile:

What?! There are terror alerts other than orange?! When did that happen?

(I really don’t worry about it that much, regardless of color;))