Thumbnails

Hola! This is question is a take off of my post in the Flash MX forum regarding creating thumbnails. I’m trying to create thumbnails for a pic gallery and would like to have an over-button state that will make my little thumbnail increase in size a little to indicate that this is the picture the viewer is going to view. I don’t know how to go about making this button and I’m trying to figure out if there is a way through action script to do this. This way I don’t have to make the over state a movie and increase the size manually… :crazy: :bandit:

You can use the x and y scale properties to scale the thumbnail when you mouse over. I’m sure theres better ways to do this, but I’ll show you what I could think of.

on (rollOver){
	this._xscale = 150;
	this._yscale = 150;
}
on (rollOut){
	this._xscale = 100;
	this._yscale = 100;
}

Just place your image inside a movieclip and then apply the correct sizes to the script above. I attached a sample fla to help you understand what I’m talking about. Hope it helps. =)

script that to ease in and out instead of popping into place?

There is probably a way to script that, but I don’t know it. The only way I would do it is to have it tween in and out with easing applied from the properties panel.

how would you do that, create a but, make it a mov, and than add actions and frame lables?
on rollover
gotoand play
“over”
on rollout
gotoandplay
“out”
???
j@yemsee

there you go, that’s one way, go ahead and try that.