Turning it around: Reasons to vote FOR Bush?

Maybe - but he isn’t running on his business record. That was his personal life. Even Kerry’s career as a lawyer was supposedly mediocre before he entered the Senate. The difference is that Kerry is running on something that he did 30-40 years ago while not bringing attention to what he did his past 19 years. That I do have problems with, for unlike Bush, Kerry was a public servant since his days as Lt. Governor in MA. What they both decide to do in their personal lives is up to them…unless the capitalize on it for political gain! When Bush claims to be a successful business owner during his campaign stops, then it’s a free for all - anybody can start poking at his dealings.

I don’t know much about the education thing and Texas, but according to Chio it wasn’t great. Maybe there were other issues that the public liked him for, for he was after all re-elected as governator I believe :stuck_out_tongue:

C’s aren’t great grades, but you have to factor in the strict academics of a place such as Yale. He was later accepted into the Harvard Business School for an MBA. You have to do something right in order to get into the Harvard Business School, for that is one of the world’s toughest schools to get into.

He isn’t the smartest Pres. we ever had, and I think he made up for that by surrounding himself with smart(er?) people (imo :))

Me liking his values has nothing to do with religion for me. I believe he has a core set of values that he will not change. He clearly has defined what things are right, and he has also defined what things are wrong. Others hate that, but I actually like people who actually strongly believe that some things in this world are wrong and will not change on them later.

I see him as a people person, and I look at his success with the public in the past four years. Anybody who can weather attack after attack on his public image (and continue to keep Dick Cheney as VP!) and still manage to be either tied with Kerry or only a few points back has to be doing something right.

I’m not sure that intelligence benefitted a few of the people you mentioned, for I also look at how they were able to apply their intelligence. Nixon was about to be impeached, Clinton did not but later stated that he did have improper relations with Monica ™, and I’m not sure how many people would consider Reagan elegant back in the 80’s when he was President :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, does Brazil have black people…haha j/k? That clearly wasn’t his best line :slight_smile: