Upcoming tutorials

Hey all,
Just wanted to create a section here that is less cluttered than up there. Also, I find that, with the exception of the tutorials that we write, the user submitted tutorials are simply horrible. Should I simply start to outright reject tutorials that are simply not even worth a reader’s time to go through?

Anyhoo, I’m currently working on the following tutorial:
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/grass.asp (not quite done yet)

I still have a Swift 3D v3 review to start on, and I’ll probably do a few tutorials on that soon.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

Sweet, I’ll be submitting some Photoshop tutorials…but you don’t have an art tutorial section, would I be wasting my time?

Not at all! Lost has already created a PhotoShop tutorial, and once I get a few more from the others who have expressed interest in doing that, I will create a PhotoShop section on the main site that will look exactly like the Flash sections - except you all will be in control of the content, etc. =)

I only have a few more Flash tutorials in line after Grass. I am planning on getting big on Swift 3D tutorials. There do not seem to be any good sites (with the exception of Erain’s site itself) that provide decent Swift tutorials. PopeDeFlash hasn’t had new tutorials in quite a while. After that, I am planning on branching off and doing FrontPage tutorials (another area which no site has anything more than 1 or 2 hastily written material). Of course, interspersed with this will be tutorials based on Flash questions people often post in the forums or…grumble…e-mail me with.

Cheers!
Kirupa :q:

Cool, I’ll get started, I am still in the process of a special effect tutorial in actionscript that I will send you soon kirupa! I’ll submit both in a week or two max!

Hey Dan… I submitted 2 Photoshop tutorials.

I just put them in the User submitted tutorials thread in the Tutorials section.

Be sure to update the 1st post with what tutorial you posted though, that way everyone can see what tutorials are in the thread before they search the posts.

Thanks for putting me in your tutorial Kirupa =)

So dan, what is this new effect :evil: :slight_smile:

I am going to do a pixel stretch tutorial for the newbies that always ask about it and then maybe some photo maniplulation and maybe a grunge tutorial…if people aren’t too sick of it yet lol

Cool :slight_smile:

I can’t do grunge images for anything. I guess I am too structured :-\

mdipi challenged me to grunge because I stated a few times before the whole battle scene that I wasn’t good at it.

Good strategy indeed, but he is just afraid I will wipe the floor with his face in any other part of Photoshop :stuck_out_tongue:

mdipi is an annoying bastard!

LOL, am I the only one that doesn’t have a serious problem with him?

I mean, he is annoying alot, but there are many other people on this board that piss me off more :-\

I’m sorry LIB… I don’t mean to piss you off. <jking> :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still going through massive tutorials on MX and how it works, which is one of the reasons I’m so behind. I even ****ed up my web page account. The kid suspended me. (I’ll get that fixed this week some time)

Ah well… when I get to it I get to it.

as for the anoying people. Dan, I appreciate that we have someone that gets as anoyed as you do. I just hope that it’s not too much stress on you. Don’t let people get to you so badly. And in all honesty… if someone is bugging you on AIM or ICQ or whatever, just tell em off. There’s nothing in any rule book that says that you must suffer the lunacy of the truely stupid. Just be honest with yourself about the difference between nievity, ignorance, and truely stupid people. :stuck_out_tongue:

How or when did you piss me off???

He was being sarcastic, hence the laughing smiley :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I understand that, but I am confused as to why he said that? What would have pissed me off?

Don’t mind me… I am really sick… I am not a crackhead, I swear.

*Originally posted by lostinbeta *
**LOL, am I the only one that doesn’t have a serious problem with him?

I mean, he is annoying alot, but there are many other people on this board that piss me off more :-\ **

Look at you last sentence, he was joking about that =)

Oh ok… maybe I am a crackhead… and I just don’t know it yet (or am in denial) :stuck_out_tongue:

Well either way, david isn’t one of the ones who pisses me off :slight_smile:

Ok, as an attempt to get back on track here…

Is there any tutorials that anyone here would like to see? Maybe one of us can write one up on it or something.

Also, I am thinking about writing a preloader tutorials, as we have seen, we don’t have enough of those on this site :-, well the one tutorial doesn’t count, the preloader component blows monkey chunks.

I have a preloader that I use for all my movies, it has a load bar and displays percentage. It has never failed me, and people I have posted the code to on this forum have had it work for them as well. Should I write this in a tutorial?

i’ll write a few tutorials as well. Im thinking about covering coloring lineart and how to make small little effects.

Wut about 3dsmax tuts?

I think it was mentioned some time ago too…

Hey eilsoe,
You just gave me a brilliant idea! Instead of creating a PhotoShop section, let’s create a section called Art and 3D or Design and 3D or something like that. In there, all PhotoShop, 3DStudioMax, Swift, and Flix tutorials can be placed. That will relieve the clutter of having too many sections, and this will ensure when the section goes up, enough tutorials in each category will already exist.

Does that sound reasonable? There are only a handful of Swift 3D tutorials, and there are even fewer Flix tutorials. Instead of keeping them in two separate sections and creating another one for PhotoShop, does a generic Design section seem more appropriate?

Cheers!
Kirupa :q:

Sounds good to me Kirupa :slight_smile:

Why create a billion sections for different art programs when you can create one design section and put all of them in there.