Who has the best sig?

uthar, i’ve seen that kind of thing before. if you could help refresh my memory, i think it was a contest of some sort where different flashers created designs…“three click” or something? i don’t remember, but i know i’ve seen that before.

Hey,

Sorry for the delay on the post… I was off for a few days helping a friend move into his new house.

Anyways, to answer your question… my banner isn’t completely original. I was surfing around on the site of the guy that wrote Flash Super Samurai, and one of his links sent me to another site that had some files that were released to the public. So I ended up taking that, editing to the code and what art is used to duplicate to make the final product.

I wish I had linked it, because I don’t remember the exact url, but if you’re just wondering about if I’m claiming it was all done by me, that’s not the case.

Have a good one :),

Uth

Go to www.ultrashock.com and enter the site. Click on FLAs, then search and run a search for Blue Rose.

It will find Blue Rose and Orange Rose, both look the same on the site (they are both grey colored), but if you download them, one is blue and one is orange. I suppose they made them grey on the site just in case of lagging, I don’t know.

Both are very awesome. Not exactly what Uthar has, but it is close.

This is where the Click Three Point came from:

www.blankimage.com

Its a pretty **** cool site so check it out!

Hey,

Thanks Dan… that’s the one I was looking for.

Cheers,

Uth

These were all adapted from the one at www.ultrashock.com. (I can tell because they all have the same click three points animation as the one there)

not to mention that Patrick Miko’s first 3 use the Ultrashock Logo

Some of them are really CPU intensive. Has anyone seen the last one on Erik Natzke’s submission? That took at least 3 seconds to display on my comp.

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

Brad Askew did one where you click 9 points. That one almost destroyed my computer…lol.

I like the ones by Unclikable

Hey,

Karen in an earlier post you mentioned you’d post the .fla if somebody wanted to see it? Well if the offer’s still there, I’d be very interested in seeing how it worked.

Thanks,

Uth

Im interested in knowing how Karen got it to display the Hex code of the color. I have been trying to do that for the longest time (well, since I started actionscript, which really wasn’t that long ago…lol), but I never could.

I wrote myself a random color thing (probably wrote more than I had to, knowing me), and I tried to dyamically add the Code of it in a text box, but it never displayed the right code. It would display one, but never the right one.

Hello,

I’m a little shy about posting this fla because it’s such a “work in progress”… if you know what I mean. But I did send it to Uthar by PM. Tried to do the same for you, lostinbeta, but didn’t see a PM option for your handle.

Basically, at least for how this fla is set up, I needed to trap the value of the return value from the hex function prior to the function firing for the next color. I did that by assigning it’s value to an entirely different variable. From there, it was just a matter of addressing the variable correctly in the dynamic text box.

The fade out in the text box is standard stuff, of course. Just a rectangular shape with it’s alpha set to the same speed as the moving color bar - with the dynamic text in the layer right below.

If you’d like to see the fla, just lemme know how to get it to you and I’m happy to share.

:slight_smile:
Karen

I enabled PM in my options now. I was a little leary about it when I first started (I wasn’t sure what kinda people post on this board, but now that I know how cool everyone here is, I don’t mind enabling the PM option).

Can you please send it to me again Karen. I would greatly appreciate it:)

All set. :slight_smile:

thanks again for sending it, it is really appreciated.

Take care,

Uth :slight_smile: