Why I've been super busy!

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on why I’ve been fairly quiet with not much new content getting posted. I’ll post my excuses in bulleted list form:

1. Changed jobs to a whole new domain, the world of back-end technologies as a product manager on Firebase

2. Moved to a new place just a few miles from our old place

3. Enjoying the warm weather :sun_with_face:

4. Brainstorming some ideas for a few new books!

Things should be calming down in the next few weeks, so you’ll be seeing more content shortly! :brain:

Cheers,
Kirupa :sloth:

2 Likes

Congrats on the new job and new house, it sound sweet. What is Firebase built on? C++, Go? What are your new book ideas? :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s a good question. I don’t really know what Firebase is built on, but it shares a lot of infrastructure with Google Cloud! :cloud:

The main book idea is around Data Structures/Algorithms for beginners. It’s something I’ve dabbled with in the past (https://www.kirupa.com/data_structures_algorithms/index.htm), but it would be fun to go broader.

The other idea is around revising the Learning React book to be more up to date with the React changes.

My current thinking is that the React update will need to come first with the DS + Algo book following. Those are some of the items I’m discussing with the publisher.

Cheers,
Kirupa :hamburger:

Congrats on the new job, house and weather!

1 Like

I do take full credit for the nice weather! haha

Congrats to you for your new job. Hope you will be getting new experience with good way related your field.

Congrats on all that you have achieved. Hope that you been doing great so far. Meanwhile, I will continue to focus on learning C# and Java.

Congratulations :partying_face: looking forward for more books.
I have a few projects on Firebase and find it extremely easy and fun. I mainly host React PWAs.