Yes I need to bitch

I may have to change my mind a little, I think you lot planted a seed in my head and it’s slowly starting to grow into a huge great oak!! I’m now spotting people posting multiple posts in the same forum asking the same question, over and over. And where do people get off demanding replies?? see it didn’t take long, now I’m annoyed with it too!
What have you lot done to me :wink: wake up phil I’m in crisis here!!!

My longest post ever. Just a note: its long, and anything that is in quotes, isn’t really a quote, its a paraphrase.

My reason for beginning this thread wasn’t because Newbie questions were irritating me. It was because stupid questions were irritating me.

Example:

When someone in the Flash MX forum was trying to get Pom to do every little thing for them. Pom suggested a tutorial and immediately the response: “I don’t understand it, can you do this for me?” Not, can you explain it for me, “can you do it for me?” That mad me angry because I think that Pom is a very nice and caring individual and I know that Pom would have helped that person out with whatever they wanted because of his niceness and desire to help someone in need. But to ask if he could do it for them is not only rude, but lazy and inconsiderate of Pom’s, or anyone else’s time. We all have lives that we live, and jobs that we have to accomplish and all of that comes before this board.

Example:

That person that called Pom and Lobstars retards because they didn’t know about Brinkster. Then when Upu and a few others said something he said “Oh, shut up…Stop Throwing a fit.” (or something to that effect). That is just plain rude; there is no way around that one. Then that person posts again and asks for a Serial numbers stating: “I know Kirupa doesn’t allow talk about cracks, so can someone give me the serial number for flash 4?” Do I even have to say what I think about this one? This one is just stupid because the day before he called them retards and told Upu to stop have a fit. Upu wasn’t having a fit, Upu is just a nice person that has ideals and values unlike anyone I know. Upu is a unique person and he is also willing to help anyone with anything as long as he knows how and that person is patient and kind in return. And he was in no way throwing a fit, he mearly stated that he did not appreciate the usage of the word “retard”, and then I in turn accidently used that in this thread as well (did anyone actually read my post about my uncle? If not it was post 20 so its on the first page. Well, he’s in the hospital now, they don’t think he is going to make it…)

This board is full of unique people, all with their own strengths and weaknesses. Everyone here has some quality that makes this board one of the, if not the best Flash forum on the web. The people here are kind, quick to respond and more helpful than any other forum I have experienced. I suppose thats why there are a lot of impatient people that ask questions here. They probably went to other forums first and were sick of not being answered, and I understand that, because I have felt the same way. However, you have to understand, I am not a patient person, and still I never posted anything that was like “So you people are too cool to answer my question?” or anything like that, unless I was joking.

I don’t want to scare people away from this board, I want more and more people to come here, because this board is a great community with a bunch of great people and this is the most helpful place I could find, and thats why I stayed here. My skills have improved quite a lot since that cold january day that I stumbled across Kirupa.com and I have met some interesting people. And I recommed this site to anyone that needs help with Flash or HTML, or you could be like Phil and just hang out in the Random section and talk about mass destruction.

I also understand that the people I am talking about can read this message, but maybe thats ok. Maybe then they would understand the Kirupa.com ettiquet (I butchered that word didnt’ I?) that we all respect and appreciate from our fellow posters. Upu is making that Rules post and tacking it up to every forum (with Kirupa’s permission) and hopefully that will get the message across. This message board is a lot more organized and a lot more populated, and getting bigger every day, than all of the other board I have come across. Kirupa’s layout alone is amazing, you can tell that he cares about this site, and that he has put a lot of time into. The people that just throw a message board up and hope that people can navigate it are just lazy. Keep up the good work Kirupa!

Well, I guess I am going to take a shower and start work on my 10 page paper that is due in 24 hours. Wish me luck, I need it because I don’t know what I’m supposed to write about, and my girlfriend is having trouble with the same paper and this is her major!! (Art history; she loves it, i cant stand it…) Ok everyone, if you all actually read through this then I appreciate it, becasue it took me quite a while to form what I wanted to say and then get it all down. Have a good day everyone…

Cheers,

I read it Jubs and my sentiments exactly! I’m not troubled at all that some people don’t know Flash and tried to make that clear. Lobstars - you call yourself a newbie but you are an excellent newbie and you’ve always been really polite in your posts and emails. There have been some people, as described by Jubs, that have been the exact opposite. I really like this forum but I don’t want it overrun by impolite crack-searching people. I was a newbie when I first came here too.

Yep I most definetley agree with ya ren. I mailed upu earlier regarding feedback on the rules section!
Ovbiously it’s only my opinion and that doesn’t really count for much, but I can’t see a cure for multipul posting, demanding things, or sheer rudeness. It’s quite hard to understand really the majority of people understand the common fact that most people treat people just how they too would expect to be treated, so rudeness really doesn’t go down to well :frowning:
Funny thing is I never really paid any attention to it before, I’m reckoning this is because in truth I am preety much Mr Newb;) so I was having enough trouble with many other things. However though I really really can see exactly why this post was started in the first place.
And a credit to everyone that makes this forum what it is :slight_smile:

And that is what this board is all about isn’t it? Me? ** Phil**

Just had to phuphill the prophesy. (When did the whole f = ph thing start, anyway?). The prophesy being:

I threw that in for Live, he likes it and quotes me when I say such things. ** Phil**

That. Lookie, I’m quotastic!

Anyway, there really isn’t even so much as disagreement here so I don’t have much to add… BUT I’M GOING TO TALK ANYWAY! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Umm, anyway, I don’t think we need a “newbie” forum, and I doubt we will, mainly because it’s insulting. Personally, I’d be too stuck up and would constantly post things like “How do you hit F8?” on the expert forum just because I wouldn’t want to lower myself. Others, on the other hand, would ask questions like “The creature’s dance is slightly awkward on this complete 100% functional Flash-based replica of Black & White… What code do I need to add to it?” on the Newbie board purely because of low self-esteems.

And it’s important to help the newbies. God knows I’ve asked more newbie questions than I didn’t know the answer to (I think I answered about 50% of my questions on my own and 40% I figured out myself anyway but somebody else replied before I could say not to. I’m sort of a flawed human being in that sense - although only on this board, for some reason.)

And, for the record, because this is the most relevant place to say it, about Jubba’s comment on our strengths and weaknesses and crap… If I tell you to go to hell, let the record show that means I respect you. Years of telling people to go to hell have made me incapable of saying anything else, so don’t get offended no matter what I say. Idiot.

For the record…

That person that called Pom and Lobstars retards because they didn’t know about Brinkster. Then when Upu and a few others said something he said “Oh, shut up…Stop Throwing a fit.” (or something to that effect). That is just plain rude; there is no way around that one. Then that person posts again and asks for a Serial numbers stating: “I know Kirupa doesn’t allow talk about cracks, so can someone give me the serial number for flash 4?” Do I even have to say what I think about this one? This one is just stupid because the day before he called them retards and told Upu to stop have a fit. Upu wasn’t having a fit, Upu is just a nice person that has ideals and values unlike anyone I know. Upu is a unique person and he is also willing to help anyone with anything as long as he knows how and that person is patient and kind in return. And he was in no way throwing a fit, he mearly stated that he did not appreciate the usage of the word “retard”, and then I in turn accidently used that in this thread as well (did anyone actually read my post about my uncle? If not it was post 20 so its on the first page. Well, he’s in the hospital now, they don’t think he is going to make it…)

I appreciate the kind words for me, really I do… and I wont disagree too much. People who have been here from the beginning though know a little more because I tended to voice it a little more in the past than I do now… so here it is for the record. :wink:

The guy said he was just kidding with the retard comment. Now you may or may not believe that of him, but this is where you are correct in your assumption of me Jubba… I am a really rare person who gives the benefit of the doubt to these people. The main reason is that the internet is a flawed way of communicating. There is no inflection on voice, no body language… nothing to tell you if someone is joking or serious. So, in an effort to get along with people, I try very hard to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone. In that vein, I ask that you do the same… you don’t have to, but I’d like it a lot if you would.

As for my principals… that’s a little too high a praise for me. My stand is this. If you can get it, do so… if they haven’t created a strong enough lock on their software then they deserve to have it stolen out from under them. The only place where this doesn’t apply is software that is really really well made, and or that I’m making a profit off of. That is to say, support those who make good software so that they will continue to do so. Likewise pay for anything that you’re making money off of… that’s just the moraly correct thing to do.
As for people who make crappy software, or music, or anything else… they don’t deserve pay in my book. If a band makes a cd and it’s got one good song on it, and the rest suck, I’ll get it offline… and I don’t care who knows that. Same thing with games. I have many pirated games…I don’t play them either. :lol: , cause they suck and I would have bought them if I really liked em.

The only principal I have with regard to this is that Kirupa must not be destroyed because of hacking conversation, or promotion. In general, I think Kirupa agrees with me in this thought line. I know many of you do.

So, thanks for patting my back… I really do try very hard to be compassionate and patient with people and I am very glad that people recognize that as a possative trait.
I don’t ask that anyone else be any more than what I am though. I smoke pot, I drink, I often get angry with my fiance… I shirk my chores, I eat too much sweets and watch too much TV… in short, remember though I’m a nice guy in general, I’m still just a human, doing my best to live in this world with a whole lot of people who I really don’t like much. (present company excluded) :slight_smile:

(disclaimer: I quit smoking pot a couple months ago… one of the reasons why it’s so hard to produce lately… my creativity will come back, I just happened to spend 20 years on dope and I need time to acclimate to living life without it.:slight_smile: )

Again… thanks… with or without your praise I’d be me… but somedays the pay for this nice guy job really sucks, it does help a lot to know that others appreciate my efforts.

hahah Live you kill me. You’re right about the newbie forum, i don’t really think that would be a good idea, and that wasn’t what i was getting at. I really just wanted to vent my frustrations with finals and papers, and some people’s inconsideratednessity, and I accidently sparked controversy. Not the first time I have done that, definately won’t be the last.

Oh, and just for the record, no one should ever get offended at anything I say because I never really mean anything by it.

Ya posted too quick Upu. Well, I wasn’t trying to say you were perfect. No one is. You just seem to be different from the people that i have grown up with (ghetto trash) and its nice to know that there are people out there that have the patience to deal with these people. I know I don’t…but thats my nature…I want instant gratification…none of that waiting around crap! Oh, well…I’ll learn…i’m still young…

Well, I wasn’t trying to say you were perfect. ** Jubba**

Sure he is. A man made of wax, I say! Wax!

… y’know… because before they made a sculpture they’d make it out of wax… so they’re gonna make upie-dearest in to a sculpture… because he’s perfect… and they like him…

Bah! Uncultured rats.

… doing my best to live in this world with a whole lot of people who I really don’t like much. (present company excluded) ** Upuat**

sniff I love you too, man.

(disclaimer: I quit smoking pot a couple months ago… one of the reasons why it’s so hard to produce lately… my creativity will come back, I just happened to spend 20 years on dope and I need time to acclimate to living life without it.) ** Upuat**

See? More proof that every great artistic invention has been made by someone who was really, really high.

Anyway, I really need more to do because I’ve been doing pretty well nothing but replying to posts on this thread and anxiously checking to see if anybody’s replied yet for hours…

At least I’m less pissy than yesterday. Now I’m just annoying over-energetic and loquacious and pretentiously using big words like “loquacious” that nobody understands.

Pot!!! funny you should mention it :slight_smile: I also quit the burn around two months ago… Ask Pom I told him I’d quit.
The footers an old pic by the way, just thought I’d share a reef with everyone :slight_smile:

them are some big chunks now I think about it :wink:
are we straying into a pg zone?

I’ve never smoked. Too broke to afford it, too busy to try it, and to indifferent to care.

on a serious note I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone if I were being totally honest.

lol… that’s some serious smoke Lobstars

believe me David, I’m like a new man now that I don’t smoke any more! :slight_smile: you can probably tell by my smile in the sig pic :wink:

me too.

In addition, I wouldn’t trade that part of my life for anything… AND I still fight for the controled legalization of the substance as well as it’s non drug related cousin substance, hemp. I know plenty of people who are fine smoking pot regularly. Hell, I work with a 50 year old gent who’s been smoking the stuff for 30 years or so. He’s one of the highest paid programmers in my company. Like I said… some people can do that.

For me, it’s just too much of a strain on my well being to continue. As well, I wont say that I’ll never do it again… I just don’t do the whole deal… buying every week, worrying about the cops while I’m trying to get it to my house… trying to get stuff done when I’m high 8 hours a day. But if 5 years down the road, I’m at a party and someone passes me a joint, I’ll take a toke. I really don’t have an issue with it beyond the fact that I never bothered to grow emotionaly, because with pot I didn’t have to… I’m starting late, but better late than never. :wink:

Legalization is another issue entirely and has only to do with the fact that I believe that a person has the right to do what they will with their own temple/body, without government involvement. (no I do not believe that this carries onto children in any way shape or form. Children to not have the same rights as an adult. PERIOD)

anyway… now I’m just ranting again… :slight_smile:

Glad to know that there are some others who are trying the sober road with me. It aint easy…

Mayor Bloomberg has admitted that he still smokes pot.

hmmm, he bold.

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

hehe…

legalization IS coming. just a matter of time. Maybe we can start using all that money we’ve been using in the drug war on something reasonable… like schools.

education, it’s the anti drug

it should be legalized, it’s less harmful than tobacco and alcohol, ironic really the day they legalize it is coming soon, just so happens I quit already…

isn’t it ironic?.. but hey… at least it’s no longer kronic :wink:

ok Dave, who sang “isn’t it ironic” ?? I reckon you’ll know.
Hmmmm the twists and turns of this post :slight_smile:

oh ps, good morning to you!